I’m in VERY early stages of planning a Europe trip in August 2013 with wife and an energetic 4 year old boy. I need help to finalize Switzerland itinerary. The plan is:
Arrive in Zurich on August 15 at 08:30 via overnight train (CityNiteLine) from Amsterdam. Stay in Zurich until 1400 and then take train to Luzern. Next day, day trip to Mount Titlis.
On August 17, take train to Grindelwald. Next day, excursion to the Jungfraujoch.
On August 21, train to Milan via Interlaken and Spiez. The idea is save time and money travelling while in Switzerland, that’s why decided against staying in Zurich. Does the plan work? Also, any ideas on how to fill the blanks?
All help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 2 Spain/Renfe
- 3 My final Prague itinerary
- 4 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 5 WiFi in France
- 6 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 12 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 13 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 14 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 22 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?