Trying to plan my train pass for an upcoming June trip to Switzerland. Having a little difficulty planning which pass is going to be the most cost effective given most legs of the trip require booking multiple trains / cablecars / etc. It's tough to figure out what is included and what is not included - not sure for example if the Swiss Pass would give us free tickets to the airport given we are coming from a different town. Our trip is 8 days in Wengen in the Alps / BO, 4 days in Weggis on Lake Lucerne.
Train / cablecar legs:
1) Zurich - Wengen (one way from airport - involves at least 3 trains)
2) Wengen - Murren (roundtrip - quick trip but involves two trains and a cablecar)
3) Train to top of Jungfrau (roundtrip)
4) Wengen - Berne (roundtrip - this is not definite. But thinking we will want to take a day trip somewhere from Wengen)
5) Wengen - Lucerne (one way)
6) Lake Lucerne boat to Weggis (one way)
7) Mt. Rigi cablecar in Weggis (round trip)
8) Weggis to Zurich airport (one way - perhaps taking a boat to Lucerne or just a train from Weggis to Zurich?)
Additional legs are likely. If I had to guess, we'd probably use the boats on Lucerne a few times. And we will be looking to take a day trip from Wengen to explore a nearby city / town within easy striking distance (thinking Berne but probably better options exist).
We're looking for 2nd class travel if that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 빠찡코온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 5 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 6 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Germany-Car or Train
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 15 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 16 Valencia Spain
- 17 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 18 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 19 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 20 Whistle stop family road trip
- 21 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 22 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 23 Scotland itinerary advice
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 Porto in January
Swiss Pass, Swiss Card, or Swiss Half Fare Card for 11 day trip?