Trying to plan my train pass for an upcoming June trip to Switzerland. Having a little difficulty planning which pass is going to be the most cost effective given most legs of the trip require booking multiple trains / cablecars / etc. It's tough to figure out what is included and what is not included - not sure for example if the Swiss Pass would give us free tickets to the airport given we are coming from a different town. Our trip is 8 days in Wengen in the Alps / BO, 4 days in Weggis on Lake Lucerne.
Train / cablecar legs:
1) Zurich - Wengen (one way from airport - involves at least 3 trains)
2) Wengen - Murren (roundtrip - quick trip but involves two trains and a cablecar)
3) Train to top of Jungfrau (roundtrip)
4) Wengen - Berne (roundtrip - this is not definite. But thinking we will want to take a day trip somewhere from Wengen)
5) Wengen - Lucerne (one way)
6) Lake Lucerne boat to Weggis (one way)
7) Mt. Rigi cablecar in Weggis (round trip)
8) Weggis to Zurich airport (one way - perhaps taking a boat to Lucerne or just a train from Weggis to Zurich?)
Additional legs are likely. If I had to guess, we'd probably use the boats on Lucerne a few times. And we will be looking to take a day trip from Wengen to explore a nearby city / town within easy striking distance (thinking Berne but probably better options exist).
We're looking for 2nd class travel if that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 고스톱사이트＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송카지노≡인터넷카지노주소
- 2 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 3 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 4 London 6 day itinerary
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 Portugal rental car
- 7 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 8 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 9 Iceland trip report!
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 12 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 13 3 nights in Madrid
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 alcazar question and seville advice
- 16 Bernese Oberland
- 17 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 18 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 19 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 22 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 23 Threat Level in UK
- 24 ATM
- 25 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
Swiss Pass, Swiss Card, or Swiss Half Fare Card for 11 day trip?