Trying to plan my train pass for an upcoming June trip to Switzerland. Having a little difficulty planning which pass is going to be the most cost effective given most legs of the trip require booking multiple trains / cablecars / etc. It's tough to figure out what is included and what is not included - not sure for example if the Swiss Pass would give us free tickets to the airport given we are coming from a different town. Our trip is 8 days in Wengen in the Alps / BO, 4 days in Weggis on Lake Lucerne.
Train / cablecar legs:
1) Zurich - Wengen (one way from airport - involves at least 3 trains)
2) Wengen - Murren (roundtrip - quick trip but involves two trains and a cablecar)
3) Train to top of Jungfrau (roundtrip)
4) Wengen - Berne (roundtrip - this is not definite. But thinking we will want to take a day trip somewhere from Wengen)
5) Wengen - Lucerne (one way)
6) Lake Lucerne boat to Weggis (one way)
7) Mt. Rigi cablecar in Weggis (round trip)
8) Weggis to Zurich airport (one way - perhaps taking a boat to Lucerne or just a train from Weggis to Zurich?)
Additional legs are likely. If I had to guess, we'd probably use the boats on Lucerne a few times. And we will be looking to take a day trip from Wengen to explore a nearby city / town within easy striking distance (thinking Berne but probably better options exist).
We're looking for 2nd class travel if that makes a difference.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementbase.com/ak-garcinia-slim/
- 2 Amalfi Coast help
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 13 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 14 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 15 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 19 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Portugal with large family
- 25 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
Swiss Pass, Swiss Card, or Swiss Half Fare Card for 11 day trip?