I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Swiss Pass options
- 1 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 2 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 3 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 4 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 7 Where to stay for one night ???
- 8 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 9 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 12 Tour-Free Travel
- 13 Barcelona to Positano
- 14 Guided Tour recommendation for Pere-Lachaise Cemetery needed
- 15 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 16 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 17 Retirement Vacation
- 18 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 19 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 20 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 21 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 22 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 23 Almalfi in Late March??
- 24 Edinburgh
- 25 Four Days in Seville