I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Swiss Pass options
- 1 I Need To Vent!
- 2 Help with itenerary
- 3 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 4 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 5 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 6 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 7 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 8 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 9 jungfraujoch mid june
- 10 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 11 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 12 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 13 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 14 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 15 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 16 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 17 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 18 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 19 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 20 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 21 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 22 Rome Itineray - I've done most of my homework; Needs fine tuning!
- 23 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 24 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 25 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?