I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 10 Alitala
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 celticmoon, a quick question
- 14 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 What fresh hell is this?
- 17 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Which Train Station in Venice
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 22 Greek Village
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Bordeaux to Nice
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US