I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 3 Walking itinerary in England?
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Dog friendly hotels
- 7 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Cambridge in May
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 20 Day trips around Vienna
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 Killarney
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations