I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Oxford England Accommodations
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 6 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 Places of interest
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 vienna
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Croatia Ferry Help
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden