I would like some input from you guys about the Swiss Pass.
I am arriving from Paris, staying in Switzerland for 6 nights, 4 of those are in the Berner Oberland area.
I'm thinking of taking the train from Paris Gare de Lyon station to Basel or Bern as suggested by Swandav, then use a 4 day Swiss Pass for the first 4 days in the Berner Oberland area . For the last two days involving getting to Lucerne, exploring Lucerne and getting to Zurich, I'll just buy tickets as needed.
Is that a good idea or am I better off with an 8 day Swiss Pass? I know I can price individual tickets on sbb.ch and figure out exactly what the differences are. But what would be a good option in your opinion, for a first time visitor?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Skye to Edinburgh
- 5 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 6 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 12 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 13 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 One night in Rome
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162