Just wanted some input on a trip to Switzerland in May 2015.
I will be travelling with my elderly in-laws on our way to Italy to see relatives.
My Father-in-law is quite spritely and mobile, but my mother-in-law finds it hard to be on her feet too much after a broken ankle 2 years ago (they are in their 70s)
We have 3 nights 4 days between Basel and Chur (doing the Bernina to Tirano).
I was thinking Lucerne, my FIL loves boats after a life as a fisherman. I thought my MIL would love the views. A place where she can sit on a balcony and see all the beauty. My question is whether we would be better to be in a smaller lakeside village. Money isn’t the only issue, but as our two children are with us (aged 8 & 9) we are a party of 6. Lakeside rooms in Lucerne are expensive. I wondered if Grindelwald would be better. Or whether we should stay in Brienz to have cheaper lakeside view. Or can anyone recommend a family run B&B anywhere in the region? I just don’t want my MIL stuck in her room, so a smaller place might be easier for her to move around, chat to people, eat fondue? My MIL has never been overseas before, and this will probably be her one and only trip. We will be travelling by train so I have been looking at places where we don’t have to change trains much. Thanks for reading,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland