Just wanted some input on a trip to Switzerland in May 2015.
I will be travelling with my elderly in-laws on our way to Italy to see relatives.
My Father-in-law is quite spritely and mobile, but my mother-in-law finds it hard to be on her feet too much after a broken ankle 2 years ago (they are in their 70s)
We have 3 nights 4 days between Basel and Chur (doing the Bernina to Tirano).
I was thinking Lucerne, my FIL loves boats after a life as a fisherman. I thought my MIL would love the views. A place where she can sit on a balcony and see all the beauty. My question is whether we would be better to be in a smaller lakeside village. Money isn’t the only issue, but as our two children are with us (aged 8 & 9) we are a party of 6. Lakeside rooms in Lucerne are expensive. I wondered if Grindelwald would be better. Or whether we should stay in Brienz to have cheaper lakeside view. Or can anyone recommend a family run B&B anywhere in the region? I just don’t want my MIL stuck in her room, so a smaller place might be easier for her to move around, chat to people, eat fondue? My MIL has never been overseas before, and this will probably be her one and only trip. We will be travelling by train so I have been looking at places where we don’t have to change trains much. Thanks for reading,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 2 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 강남황제안마ひo1o-2816-2526↗강남황제서비스안마 강남2:1안마
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 역삼안마시술소o1o 2816 2526 역삼안마 역삼역안마
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 선릉안마시술소o1o 2816 2526 선릉역안마 선릉안마
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 양재안마o1o-2816-2526 양재역안마 양재안마추천
- 11 가인안마o1o 2816 2526⦍24시간OPEN⦐가인안마시술소 가인안마방
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Labor Day in Paris
- 14 I may be wrong....
- 15 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 16 Driver"s License & Language
- 17 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 18 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 21 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 22 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 23 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class