Just wanted some input on a trip to Switzerland in May 2015.
I will be travelling with my elderly in-laws on our way to Italy to see relatives.
My Father-in-law is quite spritely and mobile, but my mother-in-law finds it hard to be on her feet too much after a broken ankle 2 years ago (they are in their 70s)
We have 3 nights 4 days between Basel and Chur (doing the Bernina to Tirano).
I was thinking Lucerne, my FIL loves boats after a life as a fisherman. I thought my MIL would love the views. A place where she can sit on a balcony and see all the beauty. My question is whether we would be better to be in a smaller lakeside village. Money isn’t the only issue, but as our two children are with us (aged 8 & 9) we are a party of 6. Lakeside rooms in Lucerne are expensive. I wondered if Grindelwald would be better. Or whether we should stay in Brienz to have cheaper lakeside view. Or can anyone recommend a family run B&B anywhere in the region? I just don’t want my MIL stuck in her room, so a smaller place might be easier for her to move around, chat to people, eat fondue? My MIL has never been overseas before, and this will probably be her one and only trip. We will be travelling by train so I have been looking at places where we don’t have to change trains much. Thanks for reading,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 2 Towns around Lucca
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 9 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 14 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 15 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 16 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 17 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 18 Georgia in 4 days
- 19 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Dublin Luggage storage
- 22 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 23 Croatia short sail trip
- 24 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy