I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 2 Visit to Engand
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 5 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 11 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 17 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 18 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 19 Short Trip to Paris
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer