I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Petrol in Greece
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 6-7 Days in France
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 16 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 17 Bremerhaven and environs
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 24 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days