I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 6 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 7 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 8 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 9 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 10 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 11 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 12 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 16 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Italy in a week
- 19 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip