I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary