I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Where to buy Saffron?
- 5 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 6 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 11 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 12 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 13 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 14 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 15 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 18 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 19 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 20 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 23 When to Visit Scotland
- 24 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions