I have a short break from work in June last week an my husband & I plan to do a 3-4 day trip to Switzerland. Need some ideas around where to arrive in Swiss, is Zurich a better option or Basel or Geneva? Secondly, what is the cheapest way to travel around, is buying the rail pass a good option?
Also, is is good to keep our base at one city say Zurich and take day trips to Interlaken, Lucerne, Mt Titlis?
Switzerland is definitely one of the most expensive destinations and we would like try and stick to our budget. Any comments or help provided is very much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 6 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 11 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 12 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 13 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 14 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 15 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 16 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 17 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 18 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 19 3 day trip to iceland
- 20 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh