Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Swiss Half Fare Card
- 1 Dresden Train Station
- 2 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 5 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 6 Italian Lakes gardens
- 7 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 8 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 9 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 10 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 17 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 18 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 19 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 20 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 21 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 River cruises
- 24 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris