Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 Train passes
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Best places in Paris to catch Pokémon?
- 6 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 7 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 8 3 Days in Naples...
- 9 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 10 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 11 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 12 Our time in Rome
- 13 Renting International Cars from USA
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 16 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 19 Iceland in 4 days?
- 20 Europe itinerary
- 21 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 22 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 23 Europe itinerary review
- 24 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 25 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)