Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A day in Killarney
- 2 15 nights in Italy
- 3 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 4 Rome Private Tours
- 5 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 6 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 7 data sim card for france
- 8 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 9 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 10 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 11 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 13 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 16 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 17 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 18 5 top Scams in Paris
- 19 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 20 Barcelona in July
- 21 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 22 Train Dublin-Galway-tickets, classes
- 23 RHK's Spring Trip
- 24 Another Visit to London
- 25 Travel from Munich to Milan in July