Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona and Lake Garda
- 2 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 3 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 4 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 5 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 6 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 20 Days in Europe
- 11 Travel vs. Babies
- 12 The Local at -- Bavarian Police: Europe under Siege
- 13 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Italy - rental car damages query
- 16 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 London's Must Sights!
- 19 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 20 Travel help
- 21 Le Marche Research Help
- 22 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 23 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 24 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!