Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 5 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 6 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 9 Europe Sim card help
- 10 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 13 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 14 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 15 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 16 Abruzzo region
- 17 cell phone companys
- 18 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 21 Guides - Matera
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 25 French lavender and cottages