Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 2 SURPRISE TRIP
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 13 nights in switzerland
- 7 Europe for Beginners
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 10 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 11 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 12 Use of Train Tickets
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator