Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Swiss Half Fare Card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 3 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 4 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 5 Bike touring in France
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 8 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 9 Bavaria: Need Itinerary and Lodging Help for Family of Six
- 10 hire a car or public transport
- 11 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 12 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 13 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 14 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 15 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 16 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 17 Renting Gites through the Gites-de-France web site
- 18 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 19 3 weeks in Europe
- 20 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 21 Provence, near Nice
- 22 Paris first then where?
- 23 Stay away from EF Tours
- 24 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 25 Vienna.stay in pension.