Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Swiss Half Fare Card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 2 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 6 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 best time to book accommodation
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Sicily - not a trip report
- 17 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son