Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Swiss Half Fare Card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 3 London visit
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Useful website for France
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 8 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 9 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 10 SIM card for eastern europe
- 11 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Monet in Normandy
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 19 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 No points in Paris .....
- 25 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!