Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 2 Italy for Christmas Week
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 5 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 6 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 9 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 10 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 11 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 12 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 13 restaurants in Marais district
- 14 France & Italy, May or June
- 15 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 19 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 20 Honeymoon in Greece
- 21 A Month stay in Southern France
- 22 Shoes in Scotland
- 23 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 24 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 25 Question about Half Fare Cards