Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Swiss Half Fare Card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 4 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 5 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 6 Moving to Belfast
- 7 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 10 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 Dresden or Leipzig
- 15 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 16 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 17 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 18 Eiffel tower tickets
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 Help With Vienna
- 21 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report