Coupla q's regarding Swiss Half Fare card. So, I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Half Fare Card for my family (2 adults, 1- 4 yr old and 1- 1.5 yr old). So, before I board any train/bus/tram/boat, will I have to purchase the ticket for the other 50% not covered by the Half Fare Card? Also, I have read that the Swiss Half Fare Card will cover 50% of the ticket to Mt.Titlis and Jungfrau, 100% to Mt.Pilatus and 100% for the Golden Express. Is this true? Also are seat reservations required for the Golden Pass. We are planning on taking the Golden Express from Interlaken to Montreux at 9.00 in the morning. Also, since I am planning on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card once we are in Switzerland, how do I make the reservations for the Golden Express?
We are planning to spend one and a half day in Zurich. Wondering whether to buy the Zurich card for 24 hours or will the Swiss Half Fare Card suffice? We will be using public transportation from the Airport to HB station, then onto our hotel, then from the hotel to the attractions (toy museum, lake zurich and boat ride, old town and Uetliberg). This is all we are planning on doing in Zurich before heading to Lucerne. Please advise whether to get the Zurich Card in addition to the Swiss Half fare card or any Day Pass. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 2 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 3 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 4 Amsterdam, Germany
- 5 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 6 Scotland Highlands Help
- 7 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 8 Europe itinerary review
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 11 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 12 Anchovies and Sardines
- 13 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 14 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 15 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 16 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 17 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 18 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 19 Flight connection in CDG
- 20 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 21 Ravenna Mosaics
- 22 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 23 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 24 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 25 Greece Itinerary