Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 2 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 3 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 6 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 7 Italy train question
- 8 Venice - a day open
- 9 Walking in Hamburg
- 10 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 11 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 12 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 13 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 16 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 17 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 18 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 19 Lake Maggiore
- 20 Norway Fjords
- 21 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 22 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 23 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 24 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 25 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS