Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/testo-black-xt
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 K-Day
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 19 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Lay over time
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge