Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Swiss Flexi Pass V Swiss Card: help with decision
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MUST SEE in Odessa, & Sevestopol, Ukraine?
- 2 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 3 Provence planning
- 4 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 5 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 6 South of France
- 7 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 8 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 9 Car hire location price differences
- 10 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 11 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 12 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 13 Making reservations in Italy
- 14 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 15 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 16 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 17 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 18 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 19 Vienna and side trips
- 20 18 Days in Turkey
- 21 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 22 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 23 VIGO, SPAIN
- 24 Someone please check my Spain itinerary...
- 25 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria