Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 4 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 5 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 6 Switzerland itinerary help
- 7 Slovania & Croatia
- 8 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 9 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 10 5 days in Provence
- 11 Parking in Italy
- 12 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 13 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 14 1 week in Malaga
- 15 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 16 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 17 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 18 Transportation in Bologna
- 19 Amsterdam vs. France
- 20 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 21 Amsterdam Hotel
- 22 Paris gtg in October?
- 23 Capo d'Orlando
- 24 European Championship
- 25 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?