Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Swiss Flexi Pass V Swiss Card: help with decision
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 3 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 4 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 5 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 6 travel to western Europe from India
- 7 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 8 Tour Group Operators
- 9 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 10 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 11 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 12 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 13 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 15 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 16 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 17 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 21 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 22 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 23 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 24 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 25 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train