Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 2 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 3 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 4 To Hampton Court Palace
- 5 Hotel option - pay now or pay later
- 6 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 7 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 8 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 9 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 10 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 11 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 12 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 13 France for Six Weeks
- 14 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 15 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 16 London-Paris solo trip
- 17 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 18 Dublin to Dingle?
- 19 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 20 Another Visit to London
- 21 Photo Essay of Paris Liberation then & Now
- 22 Northern Spain
- 23 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 24 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 25 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?