Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Swiss Flexi Pass V Swiss Card: help with decision
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 13 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia