Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 2 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 3 1st time in Europe - need help
- 4 Ostuni favourites
- 5 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 6 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 7 air conditioning
- 8 Our Paris plans
- 9 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 10 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 11 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 12 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 13 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 14 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 15 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 train connections in the UK
- 18 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 19 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 20 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 21 Itinerary help for Italy!!
- 22 Advice---Milan Roadtrip to Barcelona
- 23 헬로카지노／／【ＡkＡ8８9。Ｃ0M】／／헬로카지노
- 24 Overnight in Obidos or Nazare?
- 25 Stonehenge from London: how to arrange private tour?