Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 2 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven
- 3 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 4 August - Barge Racing in Friesland
- 5 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 6 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 7 Help with itinerary
- 8 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 9 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 12 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 13 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 14 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 I forgot my international driver permit
- 17 International Friends Tour
- 18 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 19 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 20 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 21 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 22 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 23 Bordeaux TRIP
- 24 Day trip from Paris to Normandy Beaches-is it doable?
- 25 Trying to get from Dijon to Amsterdam