Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 7 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?