Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 Madrid and Seville in February ?
- 3 Itinerary Check-In
- 4 Speeding fines
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 6 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 7 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 8 Italy in June/July
- 9 November Eastern Europe Trip
- 10 London
- 11 Gare du Lyon to CDG Airport
- 12 My Topic Titlelast minute stupid question
- 13 Travel guide paris
- 14 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 15 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 16 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 17 Touring Rome
- 18 Calling on all Alps hiking experts for some advice
- 19 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 20 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 21 Cornwall and Germany
- 22 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 23 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 24 Where can I find the best steak in London?
- 25 honeymoon eats and drinks