Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 2 Holding bags in Paris
- 3 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 4 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 5 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 7 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 8 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 9 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 10 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 11 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 12 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 13 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 14 SIXT car rental uk
- 15 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 16 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 17 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 18 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 19 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 20 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 21 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 22 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 23 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 24 ICELAND DAY 1
- 25 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July