Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Lisbon hotel
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 8 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Italy
- 13 4 Days in Tuscany
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal