Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Swiss Flexi Pass V Swiss Card: help with decision
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 Belgium
- 16 Navigo Decouverte
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 21 15 days in Europe,
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station