Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 2 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 7 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 8 Santorini to Naples Advice
- 9 Greece Travel Advice
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 12 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 13 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 14 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 15 Vineyards/wineries in Tuscany
- 16 GPS vs Google Maps
- 17 Brussels Airport
- 18 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 19 SOUTH OF FRANCE (PROVENCE)
- 20 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 21 help with 21 days-croatia
- 22 Shopping in Paris
- 23 London Paris
- 24 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 25 14 days in Greece