Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice