Please help me with making the best choice with Swiss rail travel. Our plans are not concrete. We will be based in Grindelwald. We will go up Jungfraujoch, weather permitting. Also hiking. Possible trip to Thun (can't find individual price for this).
Day 1: Paris to Grindelwald
Days 2, 3, 4: Based in Grindelwald
Day 5: Grindelwald to Italy
Me (adult) and two children under 15, so I will also get Swiss Family Card, entitling them to free travel.
Swiss Flexi Pass for 3 days: 260CHF – if I understand this, I have to use the 'free travel' first and last, with 50% off on days between? So I'd have to use it on Day 5, or pay full fare to border? Is it worth using it on Day 1?
Swiss Card for 1 month: 195CHF – this will give me 50% off all trips plus free trips to and from Swiss border
There are people out there with lots of experience. I hope someone will be able to say 'Take this option! it will work out best for you.'
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 2 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 3 Amsterdam and beyond
- 4 Madrid Airport
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 Italy in November
- 7 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 8 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 11 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 12 My summer in Paris
- 13 la spezia vs. levanto
- 14 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 15 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 16 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 17 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 18 Andalucia Itinerary
- 19 Southern Puglia Italy
- 20 How to get from Athens airport to Kalamata
- 21 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 22 6 nights in Dublin
- 23 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 24 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 25 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.