I will be traveling to London in May 2012. I am a single female solo traveler. I found a highly rated hostel in Swiss Cottage, London called Palmer's Lodge. It got great reviews and the price is awesome, due to the GBP to Dollar conversion. My question is: Being that Swiss Cottage is not centrally located, how long are the tubes to get to the major attractions of London? I don't want to spend more than 20 minutes on the tube to get where I need to go. I appreciate any feedback and also suggestions to other great hostels. My budget is around $45-60 USD a night, and will not be spending a whole lot of time in my hostel. Thanks.
Swiss Cottage hostel in London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 2 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 3 Looking for add on city
- 4 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 5 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 6 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 15 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 21 Trip to Pyrenees
- 22 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)