I will be in Milan and Zurich in November and I'd like to take a train ride that will give me the best views of the Swiss Alps. This wil be my first time to the Alps.
I hear that Bernina Express is a very scenie ride, but I'm not sure how best to fit the route into my itinerary, e.g. can I go from Milan-St. Moritz-Chur-Zurich in one day?
I also saw a YouTube clip of someone taking a train ride to the Jungfrau and it looked quite nice. Should I go from Milan to Zurich via the Jungfrau instead?
If it makes sense, I can stay one night in the Alps.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Les Invalides Night Show
- 8 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 12 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 13 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 14 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 15 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Camogli and surrounds
- 18 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 19 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 23 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 24 Shorts in South of France?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest