I will be in Milan and Zurich in November and I'd like to take a train ride that will give me the best views of the Swiss Alps. This wil be my first time to the Alps.
I hear that Bernina Express is a very scenie ride, but I'm not sure how best to fit the route into my itinerary, e.g. can I go from Milan-St. Moritz-Chur-Zurich in one day?
I also saw a YouTube clip of someone taking a train ride to the Jungfrau and it looked quite nice. Should I go from Milan to Zurich via the Jungfrau instead?
If it makes sense, I can stay one night in the Alps.
Swiss Alps - scenic train ride
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Itinerary
- 2 Half Day tours with Alla Tour Company
- 3 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 4 Bologna tips
- 5 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 6 Edinburgh - outings?
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 London and Where Else in late December?
- 9 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 10 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 11 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 16 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 17 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 23 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 24 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 25 Bologna airport to train to Florence