I will be in Milan and Zurich in November and I'd like to take a train ride that will give me the best views of the Swiss Alps. This wil be my first time to the Alps.
I hear that Bernina Express is a very scenie ride, but I'm not sure how best to fit the route into my itinerary, e.g. can I go from Milan-St. Moritz-Chur-Zurich in one day?
I also saw a YouTube clip of someone taking a train ride to the Jungfrau and it looked quite nice. Should I go from Milan to Zurich via the Jungfrau instead?
If it makes sense, I can stay one night in the Alps.
Swiss Alps - scenic train ride
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 11 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 12 How early to get to CDG
- 13 Venice in Jan
- 14 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 15 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 16 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 17 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 20 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 21 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 Prague Main Train Station
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins