I am traveling along with my wife and child(6yrs) for a period of 7 days in Switzerland.
I am confused between these two cards Swiss Pass and Half fare card, with my itinerary the Swiss pass is costing approx around 180CHF higher than the Half fare card.
But my main confusion is whether Swiss Travel System Family Card(for my kid) is valid along with the Half fare card,
Further on mountain tops and Glacier express trains i believe both the Swiss Pass and Half fare card provide same 25% of reduction
My Itinerary is as follows
Day 1 Zurich airport (9am) to Lucerne. 1/2 day trip to Mt Pilatus Kulm. overnight @ Lucerne
Day 2 Day trip to Mt Titlis. overnight @ Lucerne
Day 3 Morning Train to Wengen via interlaken,visit Jungfraujoch or Stechelberg overnight stay at wengen
Day 4 Visit Jungfraujoch or Stechelberg or near by places. overnight stay at wengen
Day 5 Visit Interlaken and near by lakes back to wengen
Day 6 Train from Wengen to Zermatt, visit Gornergrat if possible, overnight stay @ Zermatt
Day 7 Glacier Express from Zermatt to CHUR, Train from CHUR to Basel. Overnight @ Basel
Day 8 Basel to Paris
Swis Pass vs Half Fare Card
- 1 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 2 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Novels set in Greece
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 22 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 25 Spain - Andalucia