I am traveling along with my wife and child(6yrs) for a period of 7 days in Switzerland.
I am confused between these two cards Swiss Pass and Half fare card, with my itinerary the Swiss pass is costing approx around 180CHF higher than the Half fare card.
But my main confusion is whether Swiss Travel System Family Card(for my kid) is valid along with the Half fare card,
Further on mountain tops and Glacier express trains i believe both the Swiss Pass and Half fare card provide same 25% of reduction
My Itinerary is as follows
Day 1 Zurich airport (9am) to Lucerne. 1/2 day trip to Mt Pilatus Kulm. overnight @ Lucerne
Day 2 Day trip to Mt Titlis. overnight @ Lucerne
Day 3 Morning Train to Wengen via interlaken,visit Jungfraujoch or Stechelberg overnight stay at wengen
Day 4 Visit Jungfraujoch or Stechelberg or near by places. overnight stay at wengen
Day 5 Visit Interlaken and near by lakes back to wengen
Day 6 Train from Wengen to Zermatt, visit Gornergrat if possible, overnight stay @ Zermatt
Day 7 Glacier Express from Zermatt to CHUR, Train from CHUR to Basel. Overnight @ Basel
Day 8 Basel to Paris
Swis Pass vs Half Fare Card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best london location to stay?
- 2 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 5 Passport stamp in the UK
- 6 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 7 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 8 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 9 What's your suggestion ????
- 10 Germany and Switzerland
- 11 SFO - CDG RT$769 ! Jump on it
- 12 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 13 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 14 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 15 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 16 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 17 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 18 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 21 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 22 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 Scotland and northern England
- 25 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY