I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Swedish height stereotype.(all of Scandinavia really...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 3 Granada
- 4 Azores
- 5 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 A Sardinia trip report
- 12 4 weeks in the UK
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 15 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 16 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 17 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 18 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 19 First time to Switzerland
- 20 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 23 Eastern Europe
- 24 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 25 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??