I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam B&B
- 2 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 3 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 4 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 5 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 6 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 7 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 8 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 11 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 12 What do pack for Ireland?
- 13 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 14 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 15 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 16 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 17 Netflix and Hulu
- 18 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 19 Best routeLago maggiore to Dolcedo--where to stop
- 20 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 21 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 22 Dinge B&B
- 23 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 24 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 25 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria