I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 5 Austria
- 6 Renting a car in Florence
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 10 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 11 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 12 First time in Italy
- 13 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 17 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 18 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 19 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Train Help
- 22 Train rides
- 23 12 days in Austria
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice