I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 3 SURPRISE TRIP
- 4 Jewish Vienna
- 5 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 6 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Reaching the Lake District
- 10 Positano Hotel in September
- 11 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 12 seat reservations
- 13 Scotland itinerary advice
- 14 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Brussels flower tapestry
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 19 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 20 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 21 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 22 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?