I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Alitala
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 10 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Where should I go with my family?
- 13 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 14 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 21 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 22 Which Hotel in Rome
- 23 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland