I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Italy
- 11 4 days itinerary for France
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 19 where to stay in London?
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 25 Juangfrau / mt