I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help