I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Swedish height stereotype.(all of Scandinavia really...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Rules in Europe?? Help!!
- 2 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 3 Fast baggage pick up and delivery
- 4 Road trip Spain
- 5 germany
- 6 Back from Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Torremolinos
- 7 Toulouse, Sarlat environs, Paris itinerary
- 8 Most Scenic Hutte/ Hut Accomodation in Italian Dolomiti/ Dolomites
- 9 Taking a group of 5 students to Paris!
- 10 Varied wonder
- 11 Walking in Oslo
- 12 Best train/car combination to get from Rome to Siena
- 13 How long do we have to go thru immigration at London Heathrow T4
- 14 Europe Trip Post-Study Abroad Planning
- 15 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 16 Best Easy-Moderate Hikes in Dolomites/ Dolomiti for a Photographer & Family
- 17 Rome Itinerary Critique
- 18 Photographer and Family on a Driving Trip in Swiss Alps
- 19 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 20 Revisiting London in March 2014
- 21 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 22 Should I buy a Roma Pass?
- 23 Day trips while in Italy - best place to stay
- 24 First time in Italy: Rome, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast 10 days
- 25 12 days The Hague, Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris Itinerary Advice