I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Swedish height stereotype.(all of Scandinavia really...)
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 15 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 20 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!