I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Swedish height stereotype.(all of Scandinavia really...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 2 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 3 Tipping in the UK
- 4 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 5 Paris to Provence in 3 days ideas?
- 6 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 7 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 8 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 9 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 10 Europe in December for 10 days
- 11 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 16 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 25 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!