I heard that most Swedes you come across are extremely tall. I (being an American of Sri Lankan ethnicity) am really short, 5'8'' to be exact. Not a very big deal here in the States; yes, the average man is taller than me, but there are a fair bit of guys my height and shorter (including Caucasians). As you can probably tell, I'm a little self concious. Not asking all this out of curiosity, but I plan on doing a university transfer, and I narrowed it down to two countries with Sweden obviously being one of them. Trust me on this though, this won't be the determining factor of my choice; so I guess you can I'm curious. A big thing is the girls haha, I don't want to be dwarfed by men AND women a like...
While I'm at it... Like I said before, I'm of Sri Lankan ethnicity, and I was wondering if Swedish people were racist (I know how bad that question is, but it's a genuine worry for me when traveling). Obviously each individual person thinks differently but is it common, especially in the case of Swedish women?
If I offended any Swede by this, it was not my intention!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 3 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 4 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 8 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 11 Prague on a budget...
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 14 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 17 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 18 First trip - destination advice!
- 19 How big backpack do I need?
- 20 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 21 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 22 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 23 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 24 Stonehenge and Bath
- 25 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract