My niece and I are traveling to Sweden to celebrate turning 30 and 50! We'll have two weeks to explore our ancestry and enjoy an amazing adventure together. We have never been to Sweden and have only done limited Europe travel in the past, so looking for tips from those of you who have been before. We were thinking of adding a side trip to Copenhagen and wonder about timing and travel to include this adventure.
We are both active and open to all sorts of experiences: outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, cultural sites offering local flavor and history, and a little bit of shopping. We are open to walk, drive, train, boat, or fly.
After traveling so far (from Phoenix and Chicago) we do want to maximize our travel experience; but we also want to be leisurely enough to drink in the moments along the journey and not feel frazzled or rushed by simply checking things off a "must see - must do" list. We fly in and out of Stockholm.
We are looking for suggestions on:
* How should we schedule the timing and travel for the Copenhagen side trip? Are there other side excursions you recommend?
* What should we make sure we see and do while in Sweden? What are those "don't miss" experiences and how long should we plan to be in certain areas or cities?
* We hear the weather will be much like Chicago spring. Do you have suggestions for packing and attire so we don't stick out as visiting Americans? Other packing tips?
* Should we make hotel reservations well in advance or can we travel a bit "on the wind" and find lodging when we're there?
* Do you recommend renting a car or traveling by train and plane?
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!! We will be too blondes on the loose, but we don't want to travel with the stereotype blonde confusion. Ha Ha!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 2 Praiano
- 3 Do you prefer Italy or France?
- 4 WiFi, Texting and Email use in Europe
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Help please
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 21 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 22 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 23 Rome to venice
- 24 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan