My niece and I are traveling to Sweden to celebrate turning 30 and 50! We'll have two weeks to explore our ancestry and enjoy an amazing adventure together. We have never been to Sweden and have only done limited Europe travel in the past, so looking for tips from those of you who have been before. We were thinking of adding a side trip to Copenhagen and wonder about timing and travel to include this adventure.
We are both active and open to all sorts of experiences: outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, cultural sites offering local flavor and history, and a little bit of shopping. We are open to walk, drive, train, boat, or fly.
After traveling so far (from Phoenix and Chicago) we do want to maximize our travel experience; but we also want to be leisurely enough to drink in the moments along the journey and not feel frazzled or rushed by simply checking things off a "must see - must do" list. We fly in and out of Stockholm.
We are looking for suggestions on:
* How should we schedule the timing and travel for the Copenhagen side trip? Are there other side excursions you recommend?
* What should we make sure we see and do while in Sweden? What are those "don't miss" experiences and how long should we plan to be in certain areas or cities?
* We hear the weather will be much like Chicago spring. Do you have suggestions for packing and attire so we don't stick out as visiting Americans? Other packing tips?
* Should we make hotel reservations well in advance or can we travel a bit "on the wind" and find lodging when we're there?
* Do you recommend renting a car or traveling by train and plane?
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!! We will be too blondes on the loose, but we don't want to travel with the stereotype blonde confusion. Ha Ha!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 Stu Tower
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 YIKES!
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 12 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 16 Labor Day in Paris
- 17 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 20 Train up the Jungfrau
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 23 Almalfi
- 24 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations