My niece and I are traveling to Sweden to celebrate turning 30 and 50! We'll have two weeks to explore our ancestry and enjoy an amazing adventure together. We have never been to Sweden and have only done limited Europe travel in the past, so looking for tips from those of you who have been before. We were thinking of adding a side trip to Copenhagen and wonder about timing and travel to include this adventure.
We are both active and open to all sorts of experiences: outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, cultural sites offering local flavor and history, and a little bit of shopping. We are open to walk, drive, train, boat, or fly.
After traveling so far (from Phoenix and Chicago) we do want to maximize our travel experience; but we also want to be leisurely enough to drink in the moments along the journey and not feel frazzled or rushed by simply checking things off a "must see - must do" list. We fly in and out of Stockholm.
We are looking for suggestions on:
* How should we schedule the timing and travel for the Copenhagen side trip? Are there other side excursions you recommend?
* What should we make sure we see and do while in Sweden? What are those "don't miss" experiences and how long should we plan to be in certain areas or cities?
* We hear the weather will be much like Chicago spring. Do you have suggestions for packing and attire so we don't stick out as visiting Americans? Other packing tips?
* Should we make hotel reservations well in advance or can we travel a bit "on the wind" and find lodging when we're there?
* Do you recommend renting a car or traveling by train and plane?
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!! We will be too blondes on the loose, but we don't want to travel with the stereotype blonde confusion. Ha Ha!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drinks in Spain
- 2 Norfolk base
- 3 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/t-volve-testosterone-booster/
- 4 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 5 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 6 electrical activity is described
- 7 Spain Itinerary Help
- 8 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 9 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 10 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 11 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 12 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 13 Beaches in Southern France
- 14 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 15 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 16 Ali
- 17 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 18 Gelato course in Rome?
- 19 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 20 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 21 Too much for one day?
- 22 Travel WiFi - France
- 23 Lipari to Capri??
- 24 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 25 Iceland Trip report