My niece and I are traveling to Sweden to celebrate turning 30 and 50! We'll have two weeks to explore our ancestry and enjoy an amazing adventure together. We have never been to Sweden and have only done limited Europe travel in the past, so looking for tips from those of you who have been before. We were thinking of adding a side trip to Copenhagen and wonder about timing and travel to include this adventure.
We are both active and open to all sorts of experiences: outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, cultural sites offering local flavor and history, and a little bit of shopping. We are open to walk, drive, train, boat, or fly.
After traveling so far (from Phoenix and Chicago) we do want to maximize our travel experience; but we also want to be leisurely enough to drink in the moments along the journey and not feel frazzled or rushed by simply checking things off a "must see - must do" list. We fly in and out of Stockholm.
We are looking for suggestions on:
* How should we schedule the timing and travel for the Copenhagen side trip? Are there other side excursions you recommend?
* What should we make sure we see and do while in Sweden? What are those "don't miss" experiences and how long should we plan to be in certain areas or cities?
* We hear the weather will be much like Chicago spring. Do you have suggestions for packing and attire so we don't stick out as visiting Americans? Other packing tips?
* Should we make hotel reservations well in advance or can we travel a bit "on the wind" and find lodging when we're there?
* Do you recommend renting a car or traveling by train and plane?
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!! We will be too blondes on the loose, but we don't want to travel with the stereotype blonde confusion. Ha Ha!!
Sweden July 13-27 - Tips for travel - Copenhagen too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 3 5am arrival in Dublin
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 8 destination wedding
- 9 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 10 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 11 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 12 10 Hours in Brussels
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Italy
- 18 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 19 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 20 Hotel in Venice
- 21 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 22 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 25 Best French Onion Soup in Paris