My niece and I are traveling to Sweden to celebrate turning 30 and 50! We'll have two weeks to explore our ancestry and enjoy an amazing adventure together. We have never been to Sweden and have only done limited Europe travel in the past, so looking for tips from those of you who have been before. We were thinking of adding a side trip to Copenhagen and wonder about timing and travel to include this adventure.
We are both active and open to all sorts of experiences: outdoor activities such as hiking or kayaking, cultural sites offering local flavor and history, and a little bit of shopping. We are open to walk, drive, train, boat, or fly.
After traveling so far (from Phoenix and Chicago) we do want to maximize our travel experience; but we also want to be leisurely enough to drink in the moments along the journey and not feel frazzled or rushed by simply checking things off a "must see - must do" list. We fly in and out of Stockholm.
We are looking for suggestions on:
* How should we schedule the timing and travel for the Copenhagen side trip? Are there other side excursions you recommend?
* What should we make sure we see and do while in Sweden? What are those "don't miss" experiences and how long should we plan to be in certain areas or cities?
* We hear the weather will be much like Chicago spring. Do you have suggestions for packing and attire so we don't stick out as visiting Americans? Other packing tips?
* Should we make hotel reservations well in advance or can we travel a bit "on the wind" and find lodging when we're there?
* Do you recommend renting a car or traveling by train and plane?
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!! We will be too blondes on the loose, but we don't want to travel with the stereotype blonde confusion. Ha Ha!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 POGO GAMES 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7dj
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 22 Frankfurt to UK
- 23 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 24 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 25 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please