Denmark ,Sweden or both ??
Our 14 yr old son is representing Australia in the 4.7 world sailing regatta in Kiel Germany at the end of July for around 2 week have just 8 days afterwards mid august to travel around .
Coming from Australia , we really have no idea of what to see in this part of the world and would love any suggestions of what to do and see .
We will be flying out of Copenhagen back to Australia so have chosen 3 nights there to finish our trip and would love some advice on what to see and do whilst we're there and more importantly what to do with the other 4/5 days .
We don't know weather to travel up through Denmark by train/ferry and visit the surrounding Danish towns/cities or to fly/train direct to Stockholm and spend all the time there or to try and see Uppsala or smaller coastal cities ?
We are well traveled and love emerging ourselves into cities as much as we love going off the beaten track.
We prefer to see/have more local and cultural experiences rather than full on touristy things and my son loves adventure/outdoor activities .
Can anyone tell me if its scenic to travel by train or is it better to save our time and fly direct if we choose to go to Stockholm ?
We will be leaving from either Kiel or Hamburg and are happy to use any means of transport .
Information on day trips from Kiel would be great to ??
Any suggestions and advice on where to go and what to see and do in both cities or countries given its such a short amount of time ,would be most welcome !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h
- 2 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 6 God Save the Queen?
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 13 Milan or Turin
- 14 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Barcelona alternative
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers
Denmark ,Sweden or both ??