Denmark ,Sweden or both ??
Our 14 yr old son is representing Australia in the 4.7 world sailing regatta in Kiel Germany at the end of July for around 2 week have just 8 days afterwards mid august to travel around .
Coming from Australia , we really have no idea of what to see in this part of the world and would love any suggestions of what to do and see .
We will be flying out of Copenhagen back to Australia so have chosen 3 nights there to finish our trip and would love some advice on what to see and do whilst we're there and more importantly what to do with the other 4/5 days .
We don't know weather to travel up through Denmark by train/ferry and visit the surrounding Danish towns/cities or to fly/train direct to Stockholm and spend all the time there or to try and see Uppsala or smaller coastal cities ?
We are well traveled and love emerging ourselves into cities as much as we love going off the beaten track.
We prefer to see/have more local and cultural experiences rather than full on touristy things and my son loves adventure/outdoor activities .
Can anyone tell me if its scenic to travel by train or is it better to save our time and fly direct if we choose to go to Stockholm ?
We will be leaving from either Kiel or Hamburg and are happy to use any means of transport .
Information on day trips from Kiel would be great to ??
Any suggestions and advice on where to go and what to see and do in both cities or countries given its such a short amount of time ,would be most welcome !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Biarritz family holiday
- 10 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 11 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG
Denmark ,Sweden or both ??