Denmark ,Sweden or both ??
Our 14 yr old son is representing Australia in the 4.7 world sailing regatta in Kiel Germany at the end of July for around 2 week have just 8 days afterwards mid august to travel around .
Coming from Australia , we really have no idea of what to see in this part of the world and would love any suggestions of what to do and see .
We will be flying out of Copenhagen back to Australia so have chosen 3 nights there to finish our trip and would love some advice on what to see and do whilst we're there and more importantly what to do with the other 4/5 days .
We don't know weather to travel up through Denmark by train/ferry and visit the surrounding Danish towns/cities or to fly/train direct to Stockholm and spend all the time there or to try and see Uppsala or smaller coastal cities ?
We are well traveled and love emerging ourselves into cities as much as we love going off the beaten track.
We prefer to see/have more local and cultural experiences rather than full on touristy things and my son loves adventure/outdoor activities .
Can anyone tell me if its scenic to travel by train or is it better to save our time and fly direct if we choose to go to Stockholm ?
We will be leaving from either Kiel or Hamburg and are happy to use any means of transport .
Information on day trips from Kiel would be great to ??
Any suggestions and advice on where to go and what to see and do in both cities or countries given its such a short amount of time ,would be most welcome !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Prem fares (again)
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 3 days solo in London
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Chania
- 12 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 16 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 17 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 18 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 19 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
Denmark ,Sweden or both ??