I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast in august
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 4 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 5 Greece
- 6 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 10 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 11 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 12 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Prem fares (again)
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 19 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 20 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 24 Renting a car in Greece
- 25 tickets for Wimbledon