I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강원랜드바카라•• ♨━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••♨ 강원랜드바카라
- 2 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 3 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 4 Santorini to Naples Advice
- 5 Greece Travel Advice
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 The DCC scam is spreading
- 9 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 10 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 11 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 12 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 13 Vineyards/wineries in Tuscany
- 14 GPS vs Google Maps
- 15 Brussels Airport
- 16 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 17 SOUTH OF FRANCE (PROVENCE)
- 18 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 19 help with 21 days-croatia
- 20 Shopping in Paris
- 21 London Paris
- 22 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 23 14 days in Greece
- 24 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Help