I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 6 limousine services - milan - rome
- 7 Regarding Residence Permit
- 8 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 9 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 10 Homesaty
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 13 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 16 Route des Vins
- 17 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 18 2 days in Florence
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco