I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Sweden / Denmark in Midsummer 2012
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Belgium
- 12 Navigo Decouverte
- 13 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 14 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 15 days in Europe,
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 24 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 25 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?