I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague old town
- 2 Car rental between countries
- 3 26 days in Italy
- 4 Holland Itinerary
- 5 tablet
- 6 Train Ticket Help
- 7 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 8 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 9 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 10 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 11 Whirlwind trip!
- 12 Barcelona completely overrated
- 13 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 14 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 17 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 18 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 21 England and Wales by public transport
- 22 Rhine River Cruise
- 23 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 24 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 25 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!