I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 3 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Road trip with our dog
- 12 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 21 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald