I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.toptryloburn.com/vaso-blast/
- 2 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 3 London 6 day itinerary
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 6 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 7 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 10 free international phone calls
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 14 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 15 France Study Abroad
- 16 Paris and Normandy
- 17 Sicily Beach Resort
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 20 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 First visit to London
- 24 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 25 Anniversary trip to France