I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 2 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 5 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 6 European Championship
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 9 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 10 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 11 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 12 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 13 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 14 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 15 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 16 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 17 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 18 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 19 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 20 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 21 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 22 Le Marche, Italy
- 23 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 24 Ballet Bolshoi
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?