I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 https://healthyboosterspro.com/hl12-supplement
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Escargots in Paris
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Vacation in Great Britain
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years