I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 Munich Under Attack...
- 4 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Greece Itinerary
- 7 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 8 Prague on a budget...
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 11 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 12 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 15 First trip - destination advice!
- 16 How big backpack do I need?
- 17 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 18 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 19 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 20 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 From Genoa to Rome...
- 25 Spain in November