I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip in September
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 4 help with europe itinary
- 5 Wake Up Mods
- 6 Escorted tours Norway
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 9 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 10 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 11 Help with basic itinerary
- 12 favorite app for converting US $$
- 13 One week in London with kids
- 14 Charming areas to explore in London
- 15 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 16 Light weight small converter?
- 17 One Day in Vienna
- 18 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 19 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 20 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 21 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 22 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 25 a week in Lombardia