I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 2 Ireland in April
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Tour groups
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Baby Milk
- 14 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs