I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 days in Andalusia
- 2 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Should we go to Vienna?
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 7 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 8 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 11 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 12 norway self-drive itinerary
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 15 Iceland trip report
- 16 February in Florence
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Ronda to Seville
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 21 Belgium for the 1st time
- 22 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 23 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 24 Our short visit to Stockholm: A few details and many photos
- 25 visa expired