I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 4 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 5 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 6 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 7 Como or Bellagio
- 8 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 9 Amalfi and Rome
- 10 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 11 Amsterdam B&B
- 12 What do pack for Ireland?
- 13 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 First time in Greece
- 16 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 17 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 18 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 19 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 20 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 21 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 22 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 Paris weather
- 25 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?