I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Sweden / Denmark in Midsummer 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 3 Eastern Europe
- 4 Taormina Sicily
- 5 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 Scuol, Switzerland
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 11 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 12 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 13 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 14 Guidebook for Iceland
- 15 visa question
- 16 caroline_venezia
- 17 A Sardinia trip report
- 18 Granada
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 First time to Switzerland
- 22 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 23 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 24 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 25 Rome bus tours-which one?