I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Sweden / Denmark in Midsummer 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 3 Hey Fodor's
- 4 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 5 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 6 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Gift for French business associate
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 11 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 12 Olive Oil
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 15 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 16 Dresden- tea towel
- 17 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 18 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 19 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 20 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 21 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 22 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 25 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport