I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Dingle?
- 2 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 3 How to get to Mallorca
- 4 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 5 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 6 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 7 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 8 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 9 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 10 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 11 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 12 Finalizing Itinerary
- 13 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 14 Road trip from St Remy to Nice
- 15 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 16 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 17 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 18 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 19 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 20 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 21 Switzerland 5 days
- 22 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 23 time between trains from Frankfurt to Berlin
- 24 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 25 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?