I'm planning a 9-day trip to Scandinavia over Midsummer weekend in June 2012 with my wife and 8-month old daughter. We are fairly adventurous, planning to rent a car, and would like to experience some of the quaint small towns in addition to a big city or two.
We have two main options:
(1) Fly into Copenhagen and out of Gothenburg (or the reverse). Explore the Bohuslan coast, Malmo, and the southwest coast on the way.
(2) Fly into Gothenburg and out of Stockholm (or the reverse). Explore Gotland and maybe some of the inland area between Gothenburg and Stockholm.
(3) Alternately, we could fly in and out of the same city, like Stockholm, and just explore the surrounding region.
Which do you recommend? What are some of the best places to see?
Also, where is the best place to enjoy Midsummer weekend with a baby? Gothenburg? Stockholm area? A small town?
Thanks - and please let me know if you have any other recommendations!
Sweden / Denmark in Midsummer 2012
- 1 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 2 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 3 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 4 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 5 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 6 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 7 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 8 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 9 Trip to London
- 10 Almalfi in Late March??
- 11 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 12 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 13 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 16 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 17 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 18 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 19 Backpacking through Europe
- 20 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 21 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 22 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 23 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 24 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 25 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation