I'm hoping someone with insight into work visas / vacation visas can help.
I wish this was shorter, but trust me, I made this as short as I could.
- I'm American, and was hired by a Swedish temp agency to work for a Swedish firm. The idea was 'try him out to see if he's *lagom* and if he is out let's hire him.'
- After six months, I was offered the permanent job. I took it and canceled my agency contract.
- I turns out my visa was overlooked during the hiring process. Nobody thought to re-apply to match my new employer. We discovered this after I'd been accidentally working illegally in Sweden for several months.
- We notified Migrationsverket as soon as we found out. I immediately left the country while they tried to fix my visa. So, we did our best once we knew.
- Migrationsverket denied me a new work visa. The sense we're getting is Migrationsverket is really pissed at my hiring company and refuses to believe the whole screw-up was in good faith. We appealed, but it's been stalled for months.
- Due to all of this, and no sign of it working out, I'm leaving the company.
Still with me? Thanks for hanging on.
I LOVE Sweden, I have an apartment in Stockholm (talk about winning the lottery), several incredibly good friends, etc. - my whole life is there. I'm trying my hardest to get back in. (Hell, Jag studerade svenska på SFI i fyra månader. My hope was to someday become fluent.)
I'm in a hot field (software UX), and I'm getting a bunch of interest from companies all over Sweden, so I don't think finding a job will be a problem. I just don't know if I *can* get back in.
Am I banned from Sweden for a while, or maybe even forever?
Is this whole thing a mark on me, or on my company?
If I fly into Arlanda with a round-trip ticket out of Sweden and a list of invites to job interviews, will I be stopped and told to leave?
Is the flood of asylum refugees making this whole thing a fool's errand?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 5 Les Invalides Night Show
- 6 limousine services - milan - rome
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 9 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 12 Camogli and surrounds
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 2 days in Florence
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 20 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 23 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 25 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid