I am planning to surprise my mom with a trip to Paris next fall for about two weeks (End of Sept - Beginning of Oct). I'm going to tell her THIS fall on her birthday so we can plan together (I will be going with her) but I need some ideas on how to surprise her.
Here are the small ideas I have
-Theft-proof purse with box of macarons, travel guide, phrase book, and a card inside. Inside the card I will put a fake boarding pass, pictures of the apartment, etc.
-Scrapbook with the front page completed. (Boarding passes, paris pictures, apartment photos, maybe a fake metro pass) But leaving all the other pages blank maybe with a note saying "Time to go to Paris so you can fill in all the empty pages!!!"
-Homemade travel guide with tips collected from lots and LOTS of research everywhere.
Or... a combination of these three??????
A little background on my mom:
-So loves Paris but she has never been.
-She almost went a couple times but she always comes up with excuses last minute when it comes to booking a ticket.
-She is touched very easily so I'm pretty sure she'll be mad and then cry happy tears.
-She loves art, she is a painter
-She loves the Eiffel Tower
I don't have a lot of money but I have been saving for a year and a half to make my mom's dream come true. I booked an apartment off of AirBnB with an AMAZING Eiffel Tower View. A lot of the reviews say it feels like you can reach out and touch the Eiffel tower it's so close.
I'm throwing her a party this September and it's going to be Paris themed (wine, french cheese, macarons, etc) which is where I want to tell her. I want to tell her privately with my fiancé - he's in on the surprise - but I don't know how to do it or if I should do it before the party starts or after everyone leaves!
To sum it all up these are my main questions:
1) Ideas on how to surprise her?
2) Any advice for Paris
Thank you so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area