I am planning to surprise my mom with a trip to Paris next fall for about two weeks (End of Sept - Beginning of Oct). I'm going to tell her THIS fall on her birthday so we can plan together (I will be going with her) but I need some ideas on how to surprise her.
Here are the small ideas I have
-Theft-proof purse with box of macarons, travel guide, phrase book, and a card inside. Inside the card I will put a fake boarding pass, pictures of the apartment, etc.
-Scrapbook with the front page completed. (Boarding passes, paris pictures, apartment photos, maybe a fake metro pass) But leaving all the other pages blank maybe with a note saying "Time to go to Paris so you can fill in all the empty pages!!!"
-Homemade travel guide with tips collected from lots and LOTS of research everywhere.
Or... a combination of these three??????
A little background on my mom:
-So loves Paris but she has never been.
-She almost went a couple times but she always comes up with excuses last minute when it comes to booking a ticket.
-She is touched very easily so I'm pretty sure she'll be mad and then cry happy tears.
-She loves art, she is a painter
-She loves the Eiffel Tower
I don't have a lot of money but I have been saving for a year and a half to make my mom's dream come true. I booked an apartment off of AirBnB with an AMAZING Eiffel Tower View. A lot of the reviews say it feels like you can reach out and touch the Eiffel tower it's so close.
I'm throwing her a party this September and it's going to be Paris themed (wine, french cheese, macarons, etc) which is where I want to tell her. I want to tell her privately with my fiancé - he's in on the surprise - but I don't know how to do it or if I should do it before the party starts or after everyone leaves!
To sum it all up these are my main questions:
1) Ideas on how to surprise her?
2) Any advice for Paris
Thank you so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...