I am planning to surprise my mom with a trip to Paris next fall for about two weeks (End of Sept - Beginning of Oct). I'm going to tell her THIS fall on her birthday so we can plan together (I will be going with her) but I need some ideas on how to surprise her.
Here are the small ideas I have
-Theft-proof purse with box of macarons, travel guide, phrase book, and a card inside. Inside the card I will put a fake boarding pass, pictures of the apartment, etc.
-Scrapbook with the front page completed. (Boarding passes, paris pictures, apartment photos, maybe a fake metro pass) But leaving all the other pages blank maybe with a note saying "Time to go to Paris so you can fill in all the empty pages!!!"
-Homemade travel guide with tips collected from lots and LOTS of research everywhere.
Or... a combination of these three??????
A little background on my mom:
-So loves Paris but she has never been.
-She almost went a couple times but she always comes up with excuses last minute when it comes to booking a ticket.
-She is touched very easily so I'm pretty sure she'll be mad and then cry happy tears.
-She loves art, she is a painter
-She loves the Eiffel Tower
I don't have a lot of money but I have been saving for a year and a half to make my mom's dream come true. I booked an apartment off of AirBnB with an AMAZING Eiffel Tower View. A lot of the reviews say it feels like you can reach out and touch the Eiffel tower it's so close.
I'm throwing her a party this September and it's going to be Paris themed (wine, french cheese, macarons, etc) which is where I want to tell her. I want to tell her privately with my fiancé - he's in on the surprise - but I don't know how to do it or if I should do it before the party starts or after everyone leaves!
To sum it all up these are my main questions:
1) Ideas on how to surprise her?
2) Any advice for Paris
Thank you so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/numax-test-xt/
- 2 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 8 Norway Honeymoon
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada