I am planning to surprise my mom with a trip to Paris next fall for about two weeks (End of Sept - Beginning of Oct). I'm going to tell her THIS fall on her birthday so we can plan together (I will be going with her) but I need some ideas on how to surprise her.
Here are the small ideas I have
-Theft-proof purse with box of macarons, travel guide, phrase book, and a card inside. Inside the card I will put a fake boarding pass, pictures of the apartment, etc.
-Scrapbook with the front page completed. (Boarding passes, paris pictures, apartment photos, maybe a fake metro pass) But leaving all the other pages blank maybe with a note saying "Time to go to Paris so you can fill in all the empty pages!!!"
-Homemade travel guide with tips collected from lots and LOTS of research everywhere.
Or... a combination of these three??????
A little background on my mom:
-So loves Paris but she has never been.
-She almost went a couple times but she always comes up with excuses last minute when it comes to booking a ticket.
-She is touched very easily so I'm pretty sure she'll be mad and then cry happy tears.
-She loves art, she is a painter
-She loves the Eiffel Tower
I don't have a lot of money but I have been saving for a year and a half to make my mom's dream come true. I booked an apartment off of AirBnB with an AMAZING Eiffel Tower View. A lot of the reviews say it feels like you can reach out and touch the Eiffel tower it's so close.
I'm throwing her a party this September and it's going to be Paris themed (wine, french cheese, macarons, etc) which is where I want to tell her. I want to tell her privately with my fiancé - he's in on the surprise - but I don't know how to do it or if I should do it before the party starts or after everyone leaves!
To sum it all up these are my main questions:
1) Ideas on how to surprise her?
2) Any advice for Paris
Thank you so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫pts17.com≪
- 2 Athens
- 3 오션파라다이스 ※연결 :≫pts17.com≪
- 4 황금성게임 ▣ 홈피:≫pts17.com≪
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 12 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 13 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 20 Budapest & Prague
- 21 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 22 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 driving from ancona to rome
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years