We are a group of 7(4adults, 3 kids(12-16 yrs)) traveling to Spain/Portugal in 3rd week of March for 12 days.
This is our itinerary, all our stay is at apartments already booked.
Mar 23-26 Barcelona 3 nites
Mar 26-28 Valencia 2 nites
Mar 28-31 Seville 3 nites
Mar 31-Apr 3 Lisbon 3 nites
We plan on renting a car on the 26th to drive to Valencia and keep it till the end of out stay in Seville
Here is our confusion:
What is the best way to travel from Seville to Lisbon? We fly out from Lisbon on April 3.
We plan to use public transportation in Lisbon to explore the area
1. Keep the car and drop it off in Lisbon on the 31st, the cost is significantly higher to return the car in a different country (also, what is the realistic driving time?)
2. Take the Alsa bus from Seville to Lisbon (departs 3 pm and arrives 9.30 pm)
3. Drop the rental car to a city closer to the Portugal border so as to not incur big fees and take a bus to a city in Portugal and then get on a train to get to Lisbon, from Faro perhaps?
We have not booked any surface transportation yet and are looking for advice in doing so
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 3 day trip to iceland
- 5 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 celticmoon, a quick question
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4