We are a group of 7(4adults, 3 kids(12-16 yrs)) traveling to Spain/Portugal in 3rd week of March for 12 days.
This is our itinerary, all our stay is at apartments already booked.
Mar 23-26 Barcelona 3 nites
Mar 26-28 Valencia 2 nites
Mar 28-31 Seville 3 nites
Mar 31-Apr 3 Lisbon 3 nites
We plan on renting a car on the 26th to drive to Valencia and keep it till the end of out stay in Seville
Here is our confusion:
What is the best way to travel from Seville to Lisbon? We fly out from Lisbon on April 3.
We plan to use public transportation in Lisbon to explore the area
1. Keep the car and drop it off in Lisbon on the 31st, the cost is significantly higher to return the car in a different country (also, what is the realistic driving time?)
2. Take the Alsa bus from Seville to Lisbon (departs 3 pm and arrives 9.30 pm)
3. Drop the rental car to a city closer to the Portugal border so as to not incur big fees and take a bus to a city in Portugal and then get on a train to get to Lisbon, from Faro perhaps?
We have not booked any surface transportation yet and are looking for advice in doing so
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 Cambrils
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 Trains in Alps and UK
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary