I purchased the sunflower book recommend for hiking in Sorrento, Almafi and Capri. My mom and I will be staying in Sorrento a few nights in the end of March this year and would like to do a hike. I'm picturing something like walking between the towns in Cinque Terre, but I'm not sure if this is a realistic thought or not. I had thought maybe the sunflower book would help; however, the book really gives no insight on what to expect on the hikes. I looked up the towns that we could walk to directly from Sorrento, but still need a little guidance. I'm looking for something that would give us a good view of maybe a hillside/cliffside town. Difficulty doesn't really matter, but my mom is very afraid of heights so it can't be a walk that has a sheer cliff drop on a side. Given the time we have in Sorrento I don't really want to take a bus anywhere and would prefer to walk straight from Sorrento. I'm thinking possibly the walk from Sorrento to Massa Lubrense or Sorrento to Sant'Agata. Any insight on these hikes or other recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, ideas I what to expect during these hikes. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday