I purchased the sunflower book recommend for hiking in Sorrento, Almafi and Capri. My mom and I will be staying in Sorrento a few nights in the end of March this year and would like to do a hike. I'm picturing something like walking between the towns in Cinque Terre, but I'm not sure if this is a realistic thought or not. I had thought maybe the sunflower book would help; however, the book really gives no insight on what to expect on the hikes. I looked up the towns that we could walk to directly from Sorrento, but still need a little guidance. I'm looking for something that would give us a good view of maybe a hillside/cliffside town. Difficulty doesn't really matter, but my mom is very afraid of heights so it can't be a walk that has a sheer cliff drop on a side. Given the time we have in Sorrento I don't really want to take a bus anywhere and would prefer to walk straight from Sorrento. I'm thinking possibly the walk from Sorrento to Massa Lubrense or Sorrento to Sant'Agata. Any insight on these hikes or other recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, ideas I what to expect during these hikes. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria