I purchased the sunflower book recommend for hiking in Sorrento, Almafi and Capri. My mom and I will be staying in Sorrento a few nights in the end of March this year and would like to do a hike. I'm picturing something like walking between the towns in Cinque Terre, but I'm not sure if this is a realistic thought or not. I had thought maybe the sunflower book would help; however, the book really gives no insight on what to expect on the hikes. I looked up the towns that we could walk to directly from Sorrento, but still need a little guidance. I'm looking for something that would give us a good view of maybe a hillside/cliffside town. Difficulty doesn't really matter, but my mom is very afraid of heights so it can't be a walk that has a sheer cliff drop on a side. Given the time we have in Sorrento I don't really want to take a bus anywhere and would prefer to walk straight from Sorrento. I'm thinking possibly the walk from Sorrento to Massa Lubrense or Sorrento to Sant'Agata. Any insight on these hikes or other recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, ideas I what to expect during these hikes. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 5 One July night in Verona - help!
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 8 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 9 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 10 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 11 Guided Vatican Tours
- 12 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 13 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 14 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 15 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Cappadocia in June
- 18 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 21 Car insurance in Iceland
- 22 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 23 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Scotland - We're Here!