I purchased the sunflower book recommend for hiking in Sorrento, Almafi and Capri. My mom and I will be staying in Sorrento a few nights in the end of March this year and would like to do a hike. I'm picturing something like walking between the towns in Cinque Terre, but I'm not sure if this is a realistic thought or not. I had thought maybe the sunflower book would help; however, the book really gives no insight on what to expect on the hikes. I looked up the towns that we could walk to directly from Sorrento, but still need a little guidance. I'm looking for something that would give us a good view of maybe a hillside/cliffside town. Difficulty doesn't really matter, but my mom is very afraid of heights so it can't be a walk that has a sheer cliff drop on a side. Given the time we have in Sorrento I don't really want to take a bus anywhere and would prefer to walk straight from Sorrento. I'm thinking possibly the walk from Sorrento to Massa Lubrense or Sorrento to Sant'Agata. Any insight on these hikes or other recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, ideas I what to expect during these hikes. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places to visit from Zurich
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Germany-Car or Train
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 SURPRISE TRIP
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 19 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 Europe for Beginners
- 22 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 23 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 13 nights in switzerland