We are a family with two teenagers, a girl 16 and boy 15. Would like to go to France for a month this July. We would rather see less and enjoy it than be moving around everyday. Would it be a good idea to get a villa somewhere and do side trips from there, or is there just too much space to travel to make that worthwhile? We must go to Paris. Any suggestions how long? We really don't know much about Europe travel at all, we are not seasoned travellers. What cities or parts of the country are a must see? Sleeping comfort is of great importance to my husband, so would like to stay at comfortable place without breaking the bank if possible. Any suggestions or insights would be extremely appreciated. We would really love to feel like we are out for a stroll but taking in some of the great sights at the same time.
Summer vacation for family of four to France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Day trip on the Rhine
- 3 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 4 Germany-berlin marathon
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 7 museum passes in Rome
- 8 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 13 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 14 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 15 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 16 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 17 Estonia Amber
- 18 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 19 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 20 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions