We are a family with two teenagers, a girl 16 and boy 15. Would like to go to France for a month this July. We would rather see less and enjoy it than be moving around everyday. Would it be a good idea to get a villa somewhere and do side trips from there, or is there just too much space to travel to make that worthwhile? We must go to Paris. Any suggestions how long? We really don't know much about Europe travel at all, we are not seasoned travellers. What cities or parts of the country are a must see? Sleeping comfort is of great importance to my husband, so would like to stay at comfortable place without breaking the bank if possible. Any suggestions or insights would be extremely appreciated. We would really love to feel like we are out for a stroll but taking in some of the great sights at the same time.
Summer vacation for family of four to France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 2 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 5 Italy trip questions
- 6 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 7 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 8 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 9 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 10 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 11 Taormina to Palermo
- 12 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 13 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 14 history museums or locations
- 15 Budget family trip to Europe
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 17 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 18 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 19 caroline_venezia
- 20 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 21 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 22 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 23 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)