I am new to Fodors and looking for a little advice.
We are a family of 5 travelling in late July early August for 17 nights in Portugal.
We plan on flying to Porto to spend 2 Nights. Then Evora for 3 nights. We are then going to Lisbon where we will meet another family of 4. Stay there for 3 nights. We then want to spend 6 nights in the Algarve and back to Lisbon for the rest of our trip befor flying home.
I have a few questions and any help or advice would be appreciated.
Should I drive from Porto to Evora and then to Lisbon or take a train? I don't think I'd like to take the bus. The same question goes for the Algarve. Also what is the best area to stay in the Algarve and do I need a car to go from town to town? Or should I pick an area and stay put? We like going to the beach but also exploring and seeing things.
Thanks alot for any help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 2 Ireland
- 3 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 4 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 8 10 day Italy
- 9 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 14 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 What to do at 7:00am
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 19 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Planning a European Trip