I am new to Fodors and looking for a little advice.
We are a family of 5 travelling in late July early August for 17 nights in Portugal.
We plan on flying to Porto to spend 2 Nights. Then Evora for 3 nights. We are then going to Lisbon where we will meet another family of 4. Stay there for 3 nights. We then want to spend 6 nights in the Algarve and back to Lisbon for the rest of our trip befor flying home.
I have a few questions and any help or advice would be appreciated.
Should I drive from Porto to Evora and then to Lisbon or take a train? I don't think I'd like to take the bus. The same question goes for the Algarve. Also what is the best area to stay in the Algarve and do I need a car to go from town to town? Or should I pick an area and stay put? We like going to the beach but also exploring and seeing things.
Thanks alot for any help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 8 Chur or St Moritz?
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 11 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 12 Safety in Rome
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Crete Holiday