I am new to Fodors and looking for a little advice.
We are a family of 5 travelling in late July early August for 17 nights in Portugal.
We plan on flying to Porto to spend 2 Nights. Then Evora for 3 nights. We are then going to Lisbon where we will meet another family of 4. Stay there for 3 nights. We then want to spend 6 nights in the Algarve and back to Lisbon for the rest of our trip befor flying home.
I have a few questions and any help or advice would be appreciated.
Should I drive from Porto to Evora and then to Lisbon or take a train? I don't think I'd like to take the bus. The same question goes for the Algarve. Also what is the best area to stay in the Algarve and do I need a car to go from town to town? Or should I pick an area and stay put? We like going to the beach but also exploring and seeing things.
Thanks alot for any help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon