My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year and are interested in taking a trip to Eastern Europe. The areas we are looking at are either Prague/Budapest/Vienna or Prague/Croatia (including Dubrovnik). We would be traveling in late July/early August. Any recommendations you have regarding which places to visit, things to do, places to stay, and overall trip expectations would be welcome! We both love experiencing all that Europe has to offer - historical sites, culinary specialties, shopping, and just the culture in general. Although we have been to Europe in the past, we stayed in the more western countries and were on an escorted tour so much of our trip was planned for us. For this trip, we will be completely on our own (with help from a travel agency) so we would appreciate any advice/suggestions that you may have. Thanks so much!
Summer trip to Eastern Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 London hotel
- 3 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 8 Europe in 21 days
- 9 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 10 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 11 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 14 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 hotels in Seville
- 17 London tube
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 20 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 21 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 22 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 23 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 24 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 25 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary