My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year and are interested in taking a trip to Eastern Europe. The areas we are looking at are either Prague/Budapest/Vienna or Prague/Croatia (including Dubrovnik). We would be traveling in late July/early August. Any recommendations you have regarding which places to visit, things to do, places to stay, and overall trip expectations would be welcome! We both love experiencing all that Europe has to offer - historical sites, culinary specialties, shopping, and just the culture in general. Although we have been to Europe in the past, we stayed in the more western countries and were on an escorted tour so much of our trip was planned for us. For this trip, we will be completely on our own (with help from a travel agency) so we would appreciate any advice/suggestions that you may have. Thanks so much!
Summer trip to Eastern Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 Europe with young teens
- 3 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Gogartys, Dublin
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 14 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 15 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 16 Advises for trip to Russia
- 17 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Prague - must see
- 21 Sicily 10 days
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland