My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year and are interested in taking a trip to Eastern Europe. The areas we are looking at are either Prague/Budapest/Vienna or Prague/Croatia (including Dubrovnik). We would be traveling in late July/early August. Any recommendations you have regarding which places to visit, things to do, places to stay, and overall trip expectations would be welcome! We both love experiencing all that Europe has to offer - historical sites, culinary specialties, shopping, and just the culture in general. Although we have been to Europe in the past, we stayed in the more western countries and were on an escorted tour so much of our trip was planned for us. For this trip, we will be completely on our own (with help from a travel agency) so we would appreciate any advice/suggestions that you may have. Thanks so much!
Summer trip to Eastern Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 Dresden or Leipzig
- 7 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 8 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 9 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 10 Eiffel tower tickets
- 11 4-6 weeks
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 Help With Vienna
- 14 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 21 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 22 Venice Banning Fodors
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United