My 16 year old daughter is attending school in Lancashire, UK, during November to December. She needs a coat suitable for the weather and climate. We were wondering about a down jacket or a waterproof jacket or parka type of jacket. In my mind, ideally it would be a waterproof down coat or waterproof insulated coat. My daughter wants it to be a fashion coat rather than "outdoorsy". I think it should at least cover half her bottom for warmth reasons. She found a Burberry jacket but at A$1,000 is out of our price range. Are we correct in our thinking regarding the type of coat needed in Lancashire at that time of year? Where would you recommend we purchase such a coat? We would need a retailer with an online shop. The range in Uk and Europe looks far better than what is available in Australia where we live. Appreciate advice.
Suitable coat for climate of Lancashire in Autumn
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Questions for my German friends
- 3 Pronunciation
- 4 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 10 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 11 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 12 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 13 Koper to Trieste
- 14 Trieste and Koper
- 15 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 16 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 19 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 20 Dublin Tour Companies
- 21 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March