My 16 year old daughter is attending school in Lancashire, UK, during November to December. She needs a coat suitable for the weather and climate. We were wondering about a down jacket or a waterproof jacket or parka type of jacket. In my mind, ideally it would be a waterproof down coat or waterproof insulated coat. My daughter wants it to be a fashion coat rather than "outdoorsy". I think it should at least cover half her bottom for warmth reasons. She found a Burberry jacket but at A$1,000 is out of our price range. Are we correct in our thinking regarding the type of coat needed in Lancashire at that time of year? Where would you recommend we purchase such a coat? We would need a retailer with an online shop. The range in Uk and Europe looks far better than what is available in Australia where we live. Appreciate advice.
Suitable coat for climate of Lancashire in Autumn
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 2 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Help with England/Wales tour
- 8 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 9 Cruise the River Shannon
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Ireland or Scotland
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Italy in October 2015
- 16 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 trip to norway
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 My notes on Greece 101
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report