My 16 year old daughter is attending school in Lancashire, UK, during November to December. She needs a coat suitable for the weather and climate. We were wondering about a down jacket or a waterproof jacket or parka type of jacket. In my mind, ideally it would be a waterproof down coat or waterproof insulated coat. My daughter wants it to be a fashion coat rather than "outdoorsy". I think it should at least cover half her bottom for warmth reasons. She found a Burberry jacket but at A$1,000 is out of our price range. Are we correct in our thinking regarding the type of coat needed in Lancashire at that time of year? Where would you recommend we purchase such a coat? We would need a retailer with an online shop. The range in Uk and Europe looks far better than what is available in Australia where we live. Appreciate advice.
Suitable coat for climate of Lancashire in Autumn
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 4 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 7 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 8 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 9 By train to and out of Prague
- 10 Budget family trip to Europe
- 11 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 12 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 13 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 14 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 15 Cylades Island Hopping
- 16 7 Nights in Paris
- 17 Normandy and Loire
- 18 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 19 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 20 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 21 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 22 Northern Europe in April-May
- 23 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 24 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 25 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)