Land in Rome and spend 5 days there. We have spent a week in Rome previously, so we don't have to go like crazy people trying to get everything in. One of those days we wiil be going to Ostia Antica because I don't want to take the extra time to get to Pompeii on this trip.
On the 6th day we take the fast train to Florence early in the morning and spend the day there. We've been to Florence before, so we are seeing things we hadn't gotten to before.
Later that afternoon we take the bus from Florence to Siena where our home base will be for a week. We will see Siena for at least two days and then rent a car for 4 days so we can see different little towns and villages in Tuscany. I have SO many little towns/villages on our list and the more I research each of them, the more I want to see them all. Obviously, that's not going to happen. WHICH TOWNS/VILLAGES ARE YOUR MUST SEES? Return the car late afternoon on our last day in Siena……. OR…..drive the car to Florence and drop it off there. We were thinking of the latter, but from what I read it seems to be tricky driving into Florence and then having to find the car rental place might be even trickier.
If we drop the car off in Siena, our last day in Italy we take the bus from Siena to Florence early in the morning and spend the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon in Florence. Late afternoon we take the fast train back to Rome and spend our last night in Rome. Fly back home the next day.
Now, I have spent a LOT of time trying to hunt down the website for SITA bus, but every forum I go to that includes a link, I cannot, for the life of me find where I find the schedule (Firenze-Siena-Firenze). I found a few of them that people posted, but they're all at least a year old or older.
Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 2 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 3 Where to stop along the way
- 4 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 5 spanish winery region(s)
- 6 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway
- 7 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 8 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 9 Paris transportation from CDG term 2 to La Defense
- 10 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 11 December in Deutschland
- 12 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 13 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 14 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 15 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 16 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 19 Two weeks in France
- 20 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 21 Best International Sim Card
- 22 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 23 Me, myself and Dordogne – 2 weeks in the Beautiful French Countryside
- 24 Relaxing destinations?
- 25 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)