Land in Rome and spend 5 days there. We have spent a week in Rome previously, so we don't have to go like crazy people trying to get everything in. One of those days we wiil be going to Ostia Antica because I don't want to take the extra time to get to Pompeii on this trip.
On the 6th day we take the fast train to Florence early in the morning and spend the day there. We've been to Florence before, so we are seeing things we hadn't gotten to before.
Later that afternoon we take the bus from Florence to Siena where our home base will be for a week. We will see Siena for at least two days and then rent a car for 4 days so we can see different little towns and villages in Tuscany. I have SO many little towns/villages on our list and the more I research each of them, the more I want to see them all. Obviously, that's not going to happen. WHICH TOWNS/VILLAGES ARE YOUR MUST SEES? Return the car late afternoon on our last day in Siena……. OR…..drive the car to Florence and drop it off there. We were thinking of the latter, but from what I read it seems to be tricky driving into Florence and then having to find the car rental place might be even trickier.
If we drop the car off in Siena, our last day in Italy we take the bus from Siena to Florence early in the morning and spend the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon in Florence. Late afternoon we take the fast train back to Rome and spend our last night in Rome. Fly back home the next day.
Now, I have spent a LOT of time trying to hunt down the website for SITA bus, but every forum I go to that includes a link, I cannot, for the life of me find where I find the schedule (Firenze-Siena-Firenze). I found a few of them that people posted, but they're all at least a year old or older.
Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Checking accounts in Europe
- 2 WEBROOT 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT WEBROOT Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Accountant in Slovenia
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 13 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 Italy June 6-16
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 21 Long weekend in Albania
- 22 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 23 car rental
- 24 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 25 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son