My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chat: Tec^h SUPP0RT THUNDERBIRD MAIL CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Thunderbird
- 2 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 3 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 4 Tuscany Itinerary
- 5 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 6 Places to stop/stay?
- 7 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 8 Visit to Sardinia
- 9 driving from London to Lourdes
- 10 ATM
- 11 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 12 TIM in FCO - update
- 13 Visa Query
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 16 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 17 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 18 ATM help
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 21 London is it worth it?
- 22 Montserrat Express
- 23 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 24 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 25 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be