My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 2 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 3 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 4 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 5 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 6 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 7 Sicily transportation
- 8 Which Guided Tour ??
- 9 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 10 What Greek islands should I visit
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 Brugge or Ghent?
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 15 Train to L'Aquila italy
- 16 Citadines Trafalgar Square
- 17 Local markets in Italy
- 18 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 19 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 20 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 21 Barcelona completely overrated
- 22 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 23 Itinerary Assistance
- 24 Where will Britain go?
- 25 Travel to Karlsrhue