My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 2 Train up the Jungfrau
- 3 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 4 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...