My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Suggestions requested on BnBs around Lake Annecy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 hotels in Seville
- 3 London tube
- 4 London hotel
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 8 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 9 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 10 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 13 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 14 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 15 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 19 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 20 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 21 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 Day trip from London to Paris