My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 3 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 4 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 8 3 weeks in Spain
- 9 Rent a car in England
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 2017 Easter in Italy
- 14 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 15 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 16 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 17 Edinburgh to Skye
- 18 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 19 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 20 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 21 Croatia transportation question.
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia