My family with 2 children would be visiting Lake Annecy region for 3 days in May.
I need some help in shortlisting a good BnB/hotel with character and charm around Lake Annecy region. We would like to stay in a place with scenic beauty and ideally wouldnt want to stay in any of the hotels mentioned in Annecy -think they are too modern for our taste. I have liked BnBs like Champ Pelaz in Thusy, Le Cottage Bise in Talloires, La Terraces Du Lac in Veyrier Du Lac and few other hotels in Haute Savoie region. Now I'm confused about whether to stay in a lovely looking BnB but in a far-off place like Champ Pelaz in Thusy and yet be able to visit Lake Annecy and Chamonix easily or settle for a not-so-charming-hotel and stay inside Annecy town in any of the Mercure/BestWestern kind of standard hotels.
Need all kinds of suggestions regarding driving around to and from these far-off-places Vs ease of sight-seeing etc.
Suggestions requested on BnBs around Lake Annecy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Stay near Paris
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 5 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 12 italy
- 13 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 14 Side trip from Geneva
- 15 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 16 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 17 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 18 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 19 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 20 7 Nights in Paris
- 21 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 24 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 25 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?