We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip