We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 토토총판 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip