We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 2 Place to stay
- 3 CROATIA, SLOVENIA 16 days itinerary help
- 4 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 5 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 London advice
- 8 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 9 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 10 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 11 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 12 Another Question re Scotland
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 Charming areas to explore in London
- 15 Valencia, Spain
- 16 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 22 Driver"s License & Language
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 credit and debit cards
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip