We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My final Prague itinerary
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Positano or Sorrento?
- 5 Last minute trip to Capri
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 Globus Iberian Tour
- 9 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 10 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip