We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia transportation question.
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 Westerplatte
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Biarritz family holiday
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 9 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Cutback on Spain trip
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 getting to CDG
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 19 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 20 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Bernina Express mid-March
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Trying to pick a Greek Island
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip