We temporarily live in Germany and after considering lots of options have decided to travel to the Garmisch area in late February for a week or so. (We were trying to fit a round peg into a square hole by trying to escape the winter weather - instead we hope to embrace it!)
We've never been to the area and will be traveling with two kids - 6 and 8. We'd like to introduce them to skiing in additional to touring local towns and major sights.
-Where is the best area to stay close to a beginner ski area?
-How does the ski system work in general? Is there a general park area at the bottom of the different lifts?
-I appreciate any suggestions in any area of travel in helping me fomulate a plan!
swandav2000, if you happen to read this, I believe I read a number of your posts on Switzerland while prepping for our fabulous trip to Lauterbrunnen in Oct - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and...
- 2 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 5 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 6 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 7 February in Florence
- 8 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 9 Praiana to Positano
- 10 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 13 Canal du Midi
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Family vacation to europe
- 16 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 17 Day in Madrid
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 charming cities in Spain
- 20 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 23 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 24 Spain during Holy Week
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
Suggestions please for Garmisch - Partenkirchen February trip