My family of six including 4 teenagers (19 and 17) will be in Scotland for a family celebration July 9-16. We have a 8-10 days on the front end of the trip that we can use to visit another destination. We've spent other vacations in Spain, Italy, Paris and London with the kids.
I am looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy for us to fly from the US (west coast) and then from that location to Edinburgh. Since the weather in Scotland will probably be a lot like the Pacific NW, I was looking for a location that might provide a bit of warmth and possibly water/adventure as well as great food, culture and some history.
My initial thought was Croatia, but I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around an itinerary that I think the kids would enjoy. I thought about Greece, but not sure we have enough time to do it justice. I am a little short on time to plan this extra part of the trip compared to our other travels so I am also looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy to pull together a vacation.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토총판 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 5 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Madrird and Seville
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ludwig Castles
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Lake Como AREA questions
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Spain - day driver advice
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report