My family of six including 4 teenagers (19 and 17) will be in Scotland for a family celebration July 9-16. We have a 8-10 days on the front end of the trip that we can use to visit another destination. We've spent other vacations in Spain, Italy, Paris and London with the kids.
I am looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy for us to fly from the US (west coast) and then from that location to Edinburgh. Since the weather in Scotland will probably be a lot like the Pacific NW, I was looking for a location that might provide a bit of warmth and possibly water/adventure as well as great food, culture and some history.
My initial thought was Croatia, but I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around an itinerary that I think the kids would enjoy. I thought about Greece, but not sure we have enough time to do it justice. I am a little short on time to plan this extra part of the trip compared to our other travels so I am also looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy to pull together a vacation.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT VERIZON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 3 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets