My family of six including 4 teenagers (19 and 17) will be in Scotland for a family celebration July 9-16. We have a 8-10 days on the front end of the trip that we can use to visit another destination. We've spent other vacations in Spain, Italy, Paris and London with the kids.
I am looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy for us to fly from the US (west coast) and then from that location to Edinburgh. Since the weather in Scotland will probably be a lot like the Pacific NW, I was looking for a location that might provide a bit of warmth and possibly water/adventure as well as great food, culture and some history.
My initial thought was Croatia, but I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around an itinerary that I think the kids would enjoy. I thought about Greece, but not sure we have enough time to do it justice. I am a little short on time to plan this extra part of the trip compared to our other travels so I am also looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy to pull together a vacation.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 7 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 8 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 9 Help me make this possible!
- 10 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 23 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 24 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris