My family of six including 4 teenagers (19 and 17) will be in Scotland for a family celebration July 9-16. We have a 8-10 days on the front end of the trip that we can use to visit another destination. We've spent other vacations in Spain, Italy, Paris and London with the kids.
I am looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy for us to fly from the US (west coast) and then from that location to Edinburgh. Since the weather in Scotland will probably be a lot like the Pacific NW, I was looking for a location that might provide a bit of warmth and possibly water/adventure as well as great food, culture and some history.
My initial thought was Croatia, but I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around an itinerary that I think the kids would enjoy. I thought about Greece, but not sure we have enough time to do it justice. I am a little short on time to plan this extra part of the trip compared to our other travels so I am also looking for a recommendation of a location that might be easy to pull together a vacation.
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 We're here!
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017