I just got back from Italy a month ago and am already thinking about where I want to go in 2012. My friend lives in Regensburg, 90 min train from Munich. Our other friend is planning to meet me in the area for Oktoberfest, join us on the way to Prague and fly home. My German friend and I will probably continue on to Dresden, from where he will go home and I will head to Berlin by myself. So here is what I've got so far:
9/19 Fly out of Austin to Munich
9/20 Arrive in Munich, head to Regensburg to stay at my friend's apartment
9/21-9/26 6-7 nights in Regensburg & Munich - considering staying in Munich part of the time (3 days?), as it seems rather difficult to see lots of sights with a 3 hour round trip commute to Regensburg. However it is very expensive in Munich at this time of year, but it costs 40 euros RT per day just to get to Munich and back if I choose to stay in Regensburg (on an air mattress or couch), so I am not entirely opposed to staying in Munich for part of the time. I have a fleeting interest in Oktoberfest but probably not more than spending a couple hours there one day. I just really do not want drunk Americans throwing up on me or screaming in the alleys while I'm trying to sleep...?
-Sights in the area I am interested in: Nuremburg, Landshut, Bamberg Freising, Weltenburg Monastery, Walhalla Temple, Passau, Straubing, Neushwanstein/Lindehof, Hohenschwangau, Englisch Garten, Nyphemburg Palace, Andechs Monastery, Herrenchiemsee, Residenz Palace, Deutsches Museum...please help eliminate some of these as I do not have time!
9/27-9/30 - 3-4 nights in Prague with 1 day trip to Kutna Hora
9/30-10/2 - 2 nights in Dresden
10/2-10/6 - 4-5 nights in Berlin - apartment in Prenzlauer Berg - Eastside Gallery, Gemaldegalerie, Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Scholss Charlottenburg, Deutsche Museum, Museum Island (full day, open til 10 pm Thursday), Berliner Dom, classical music concert, shopping, possible Postdam day trip...I wish I had a week for Berlin as I love art and history!!
Suggestions on Munich-Prague-Dresden-Berlin in 16 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 6 Restaurants in Spain
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Santorini transportation
- 21 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?