I just got back from Italy a month ago and am already thinking about where I want to go in 2012. My friend lives in Regensburg, 90 min train from Munich. Our other friend is planning to meet me in the area for Oktoberfest, join us on the way to Prague and fly home. My German friend and I will probably continue on to Dresden, from where he will go home and I will head to Berlin by myself. So here is what I've got so far:
9/19 Fly out of Austin to Munich
9/20 Arrive in Munich, head to Regensburg to stay at my friend's apartment
9/21-9/26 6-7 nights in Regensburg & Munich - considering staying in Munich part of the time (3 days?), as it seems rather difficult to see lots of sights with a 3 hour round trip commute to Regensburg. However it is very expensive in Munich at this time of year, but it costs 40 euros RT per day just to get to Munich and back if I choose to stay in Regensburg (on an air mattress or couch), so I am not entirely opposed to staying in Munich for part of the time. I have a fleeting interest in Oktoberfest but probably not more than spending a couple hours there one day. I just really do not want drunk Americans throwing up on me or screaming in the alleys while I'm trying to sleep...?
-Sights in the area I am interested in: Nuremburg, Landshut, Bamberg Freising, Weltenburg Monastery, Walhalla Temple, Passau, Straubing, Neushwanstein/Lindehof, Hohenschwangau, Englisch Garten, Nyphemburg Palace, Andechs Monastery, Herrenchiemsee, Residenz Palace, Deutsches Museum...please help eliminate some of these as I do not have time!
9/27-9/30 - 3-4 nights in Prague with 1 day trip to Kutna Hora
9/30-10/2 - 2 nights in Dresden
10/2-10/6 - 4-5 nights in Berlin - apartment in Prenzlauer Berg - Eastside Gallery, Gemaldegalerie, Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Scholss Charlottenburg, Deutsche Museum, Museum Island (full day, open til 10 pm Thursday), Berliner Dom, classical music concert, shopping, possible Postdam day trip...I wish I had a week for Berlin as I love art and history!!
Suggestions on Munich-Prague-Dresden-Berlin in 16 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 2 Help with a small island in Greece
- 3 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 4 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 International driving permit required in France?
- 7 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 8 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 11 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 17 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 18 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 21 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 22 things in Rhonda
- 23 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 24 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 25 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.