We are hiring a car for 12 days in Spain in January 2016 and would love a suggested itinerary of the best places to visit during that time. We pick up the car in Madrid and need to drop it off to Barcelona 12 days later. We just want to know that un-missable places to go in that time. Is it realistic to include a drive to the French Pyrenees mountains for 2-3 days as we would dearly love to include some mountain scenery too? Is the Spanish part of the Pyrenees as good as the French part & are we just being unrealistic about the driving distances etc. Is it fully snowing in the Pyrenees at that time of year and if so where in the Pyrenees would be the best place to go.My husband and I will be travelling with our 2 daughters aged 12 & 14.
Looking forward to your responses!! Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 2 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 3 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 11 Norway Itinerary
- 12 train or plane
- 13 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 restaurants in Marais district
- 16 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 22 Shoes in Scotland
- 23 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 24 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)