I am a 30 something woman and will be traveling to Rome for 3 weeks in September 2011 and I was hoping for some good advice from some knowledgable travelers or locals.
I will be staying alone for this vacation and I wanted to be sure that I chose an apartment in a safe area of the city - This is a big concern for me .
I was looking for these areas close in proximity and walking distance to the restaurants , sites, colleseum ,etc...such as Piazza Nuvona or Campo Fiori.
(No walking restrictions, I love to walk and am very fit...go to the gym extensively . )
Are there any areas in the Piazza Nuvona or Campo Fiori that I need to stay away from due to safety issues?
Thank you for any assistance!
Suggestions of areas in Rome?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 2 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 3 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 4 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 5 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 6 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 7 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 8 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 Visit to Bath and London england
- 11 Southern Italy without a Car
- 12 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 13 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 14 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 17 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 18 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 19 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 20 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 21 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 24 A full week in The Netherlands
- 25 Passport Delays