We are a going-to-be newly wed that is planning for a honeymoon trip during December 2012. We will be in London for a couple of days and intend to experience the English countryside for 2-3 nights.
I have read about Lake District, Kaswick, Cotswolds and Dartmoor and was wondering if there is a more suitable place nearer to London that we could still have similar experience. Our only means of transport would probably be the train and hopefully the recommended place to visit would be well connected.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 2 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Suggestions needed for a winter vacation to English countryside