We are a going-to-be newly wed that is planning for a honeymoon trip during December 2012. We will be in London for a couple of days and intend to experience the English countryside for 2-3 nights.
I have read about Lake District, Kaswick, Cotswolds and Dartmoor and was wondering if there is a more suitable place nearer to London that we could still have similar experience. Our only means of transport would probably be the train and hopefully the recommended place to visit would be well connected.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 19 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 20 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 21 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 24 Poland to Austria In December
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
Suggestions needed for a winter vacation to English countryside