my wife and i are finally getting time off and are planning a honeymoon in france. we thought we'd start with a day in paris and then just spend the rest of our time in provence - we've heard really nice things about it and it sounds perfect for what we want - good food, wine, culture, natural beauty, beach (if possible) - we want to just relax, walk around, spend time without too much of a bustle/rush to do anything.
we are looking at casually driving around and looking up b&b's along the way and stopping and starting where we feel like.
can you please help me with some suggestions on :
1) from paris, where do i go in provence? should we fly, take a train?
2) in provence, what are some recommended towns/villages that are romantic yet exciting for fun activities by day?
thank you so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 4 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?