Me and my wife will be based out of Stuttgart from 18th October to 18th November.
We plan to travel to as many places as possible during the weekends and also take any one week fully off and travel around. Both of us have Schengen visas and so would like to travel to other nearby EU countries as well.
Please note that this will be our first time in Europe and so we want to cover most of the usual places. Need your help and suggestions for planning this out considering the following factors:
1. Both are 28 year old adults with Schengen visas
2. Like to travel in budget/economy throughout. Open to stays in good youth hostels
3. Will travel only during weekends but taking one week completely off for travelling apart from weekends
4. Please keep in mind the cold weather when you suggest places to visit
We were thinking of visiting Italy/Spain or a bit of both during our week off.
Please suggest a good itinerary based on the above factors along with cheap travel and stay options.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 2 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Suggestions for trips in and around Stuttgart and neighboring EU countries