My girlfriend and I are having trouble deciding on where to take our vacation in late May so I figured I would see if any of you fine people happened to have some recommendations. As stated in the topic title, we're looking for some place near a large body of water where sights and activities are perhaps an option but not the focus of the trip. And we always enjoy taking in the local culture, especially if it's the form of new and interesting food and drink. I suppose I would classify our budget as being moderate.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 2 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 3 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 4 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 Rome to venice
- 9 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 12 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Areas in Milan
- 17 Melia Colbert Paris
- 18 Perugia
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Help please
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece