My girlfriend and I are having trouble deciding on where to take our vacation in late May so I figured I would see if any of you fine people happened to have some recommendations. As stated in the topic title, we're looking for some place near a large body of water where sights and activities are perhaps an option but not the focus of the trip. And we always enjoy taking in the local culture, especially if it's the form of new and interesting food and drink. I suppose I would classify our budget as being moderate.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 14 Two days in Rome
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 17 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 18 PARIS
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville