My husband and i will be travelling to UK and Europe for 47 days (22april to 8 June) We will fly into London and spend the first 9 days in London staying with family...after that we will be flying with family to Barcelona to spend 4 days. From that point everything is undecided! My problem is my hubby would like this to be a bit of a touring holiday but car hire is expensive when starting and finishing in different countries. Car leasing is an option but we would have to have the car for min 21 days and I dont want to have the car when visiting major cities. We leave Barcelona on the 5th May..and need to fly back to Australia around 8 June from whereever we end up! I was thinking of flying to Paris from Barcelona and spending 3 days there..then perhaps to Provence region in France (maybe staying Uzes) for 5 days, hiring a car whilst we are there. I would like to visit friends in Lausanne, drive across the Simplon pass into Italy, see Lake Como area, definately want to visit Rome (4/5 days) and also Venice. In between I need suggestions. I travelled thru Europe back in 1990 on eurail pass but my husband has never been before. Any suggestions on an itinerary and the best way fro us to get around would be appreciated. We were thinking of maybe looking into staying at apartments (airbnb?) if we stay in any location longer than a couple of nights. Want to see beautiful scenery, historic towns/castles, markets, and Paris, Rome, and Venice. Any help in figuring out an itinerary would be appreciated.
suggestions for itinerary 34 days in europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 2 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 3 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Matisse at Tate
- 9 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 10 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Ireland Southwest
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 19 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 20 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?