We are planning a skiing trip to Courcheval (have been going for many years) and we will be travelling with our two young boys (aged 4 and 6).
We are travelling from South Africa and always like to go somewhere in Europe for a week beforehand. We were thinking about London, Paris or somewhere in Italy, however we have been to all three numerous times already. I thought of trying somewhere new this time, but don't know enough about the cities that are "chlid-friendly" for this visit. I'd love to visit Belguim, Switzerland or Germany but I'm not 100% sure that there is a lot to keep the kids entertained here?
My question is where would you suggest we visit in Europe that:
a) isn't too far from The French Alps (travelling really long distances between locations with kids is a nightmare)
b) Is somewhere that the kids will really enjoy (having some cultural attractions but not limited to only museums and castles etc...)
Any suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 2 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 3 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 4 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 5 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 6 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 7 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 8 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 9 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 10 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 11 Oporto
- 12 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 13 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 14 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 17 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Porto and vicinity
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 22 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 23 help with Italy itinerary
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city