We are planning a skiing trip to Courcheval (have been going for many years) and we will be travelling with our two young boys (aged 4 and 6).
We are travelling from South Africa and always like to go somewhere in Europe for a week beforehand. We were thinking about London, Paris or somewhere in Italy, however we have been to all three numerous times already. I thought of trying somewhere new this time, but don't know enough about the cities that are "chlid-friendly" for this visit. I'd love to visit Belguim, Switzerland or Germany but I'm not 100% sure that there is a lot to keep the kids entertained here?
My question is where would you suggest we visit in Europe that:
a) isn't too far from The French Alps (travelling really long distances between locations with kids is a nightmare)
b) Is somewhere that the kids will really enjoy (having some cultural attractions but not limited to only museums and castles etc...)
Any suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 So much to do, so little time!
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Driving in Italy?
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 11 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 12 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 13 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 14 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Shoes in Scotland
- 18 Engadine Valley help
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Naples, Italy
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 23 Tuscany 6 nights
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?