We are planning a skiing trip to Courcheval (have been going for many years) and we will be travelling with our two young boys (aged 4 and 6).
We are travelling from South Africa and always like to go somewhere in Europe for a week beforehand. We were thinking about London, Paris or somewhere in Italy, however we have been to all three numerous times already. I thought of trying somewhere new this time, but don't know enough about the cities that are "chlid-friendly" for this visit. I'd love to visit Belguim, Switzerland or Germany but I'm not 100% sure that there is a lot to keep the kids entertained here?
My question is where would you suggest we visit in Europe that:
a) isn't too far from The French Alps (travelling really long distances between locations with kids is a nightmare)
b) Is somewhere that the kids will really enjoy (having some cultural attractions but not limited to only museums and castles etc...)
Any suggestions welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala