My wife & I are going to Germany in 10 days for a spur of the moment business trip to the Koblenz/Karlsruhe region. We will have 2.5 days(Friday midday to Sunday evening)to see some of that area. Have a hotel reservation made for the weekend in Heidelberg at the Hotel Garni Kurpfalzhof and have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday morning for more business meetings. Wife has never been to Europe, & we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, so I want those couple of days to be fun & special for her. I would love to have some suggestions on day trips that we could take from Heidelberg that might include castles or other unique architecture, local culture, etc. My wife is an avid photographer so the more picturesque, the better. Of course, we also love good food & wine/beer & don't mind walking a lot. ☺ We both work long hours and don't have a lot of time to read the many discussions on this site for ideas. So, I'm hoping someone will take pity & help me with some ideas. Thanks in advance for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 10 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Guided Vatican Tours
- 15 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK