My wife & I are going to Germany in 10 days for a spur of the moment business trip to the Koblenz/Karlsruhe region. We will have 2.5 days(Friday midday to Sunday evening)to see some of that area. Have a hotel reservation made for the weekend in Heidelberg at the Hotel Garni Kurpfalzhof and have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday morning for more business meetings. Wife has never been to Europe, & we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, so I want those couple of days to be fun & special for her. I would love to have some suggestions on day trips that we could take from Heidelberg that might include castles or other unique architecture, local culture, etc. My wife is an avid photographer so the more picturesque, the better. Of course, we also love good food & wine/beer & don't mind walking a lot. ☺ We both work long hours and don't have a lot of time to read the many discussions on this site for ideas. So, I'm hoping someone will take pity & help me with some ideas. Thanks in advance for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 총판 토토 모집 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 4 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 9 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 13 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 14 Beaune France
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Firt time VISA applicant
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 21 advance tickets?
- 22 38 Days in Paris
- 23 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 June Festivals in Lisbon?