My wife & I are going to Germany in 10 days for a spur of the moment business trip to the Koblenz/Karlsruhe region. We will have 2.5 days(Friday midday to Sunday evening)to see some of that area. Have a hotel reservation made for the weekend in Heidelberg at the Hotel Garni Kurpfalzhof and have to be in Karlsruhe on Monday morning for more business meetings. Wife has never been to Europe, & we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, so I want those couple of days to be fun & special for her. I would love to have some suggestions on day trips that we could take from Heidelberg that might include castles or other unique architecture, local culture, etc. My wife is an avid photographer so the more picturesque, the better. Of course, we also love good food & wine/beer & don't mind walking a lot. ☺ We both work long hours and don't have a lot of time to read the many discussions on this site for ideas. So, I'm hoping someone will take pity & help me with some ideas. Thanks in advance for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 2 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 10 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 11 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 12 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 13 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 23 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 Croatia