We are planning a trip to Europe for this summer. We are in our mid-twenties and likely won't get to travel to Europe for awhile, so we are taking advantage of this time while we can! We travel a lot but in terms of Europe, we have only been previously to France (multiple times) and England. We love cultural sites but also enjoy ecotourism and activities such as bike riding or hiking. We like to alternate days of sightseeing with days of just soaking up the atmosphere. We have no interest in nightlife so that's not a factor. We are looking for help to narrow down which countries we should consider. We would like to limit our trip to one or two countries. We are hoping to get the best bang for our buck. We have been looking at Germany, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Czech Republic, Greece, and Denmark. I thought Denmark would be on the pricier side, but for some reason airfare there is much cheaper than any other city. I'm not sure why that is? Flying out of PHL but can be flexible with that as well.
Budget: $6500-$7000 including airfare
Lodging: Prefer to rent an apartment, but not a huge factor- looking to spend around 150 USD per night or less
Timeframe: Hoping to spend 12-14 days, flexible, need to go after June 27th and arrive back home before August 1st
Please suggest the country or countries you think would best fit our interests and budget. Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France & Italy, May or June
- 2 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 3 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 4 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 7 Engadine Valley help
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece
- 13 Italy for Christmas Week
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 17 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 18 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 22 Portugal with large family
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 restaurants in Marais district
- 25 Sicily
Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple