We are planning a trip to Europe for this summer. We are in our mid-twenties and likely won't get to travel to Europe for awhile, so we are taking advantage of this time while we can! We travel a lot but in terms of Europe, we have only been previously to France (multiple times) and England. We love cultural sites but also enjoy ecotourism and activities such as bike riding or hiking. We like to alternate days of sightseeing with days of just soaking up the atmosphere. We have no interest in nightlife so that's not a factor. We are looking for help to narrow down which countries we should consider. We would like to limit our trip to one or two countries. We are hoping to get the best bang for our buck. We have been looking at Germany, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Czech Republic, Greece, and Denmark. I thought Denmark would be on the pricier side, but for some reason airfare there is much cheaper than any other city. I'm not sure why that is? Flying out of PHL but can be flexible with that as well.
Budget: $6500-$7000 including airfare
Lodging: Prefer to rent an apartment, but not a huge factor- looking to spend around 150 USD per night or less
Timeframe: Hoping to spend 12-14 days, flexible, need to go after June 27th and arrive back home before August 1st
Please suggest the country or countries you think would best fit our interests and budget. Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 9 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 16 cheap food in london
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 Eating Indian In London
- 20 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 21 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Sundays in Puglia
- 24 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 25 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple