We are planning a trip to Europe for this summer. We are in our mid-twenties and likely won't get to travel to Europe for awhile, so we are taking advantage of this time while we can! We travel a lot but in terms of Europe, we have only been previously to France (multiple times) and England. We love cultural sites but also enjoy ecotourism and activities such as bike riding or hiking. We like to alternate days of sightseeing with days of just soaking up the atmosphere. We have no interest in nightlife so that's not a factor. We are looking for help to narrow down which countries we should consider. We would like to limit our trip to one or two countries. We are hoping to get the best bang for our buck. We have been looking at Germany, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, Czech Republic, Greece, and Denmark. I thought Denmark would be on the pricier side, but for some reason airfare there is much cheaper than any other city. I'm not sure why that is? Flying out of PHL but can be flexible with that as well.
Budget: $6500-$7000 including airfare
Lodging: Prefer to rent an apartment, but not a huge factor- looking to spend around 150 USD per night or less
Timeframe: Hoping to spend 12-14 days, flexible, need to go after June 27th and arrive back home before August 1st
Please suggest the country or countries you think would best fit our interests and budget. Thank you for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 7 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Swiss Travel Pass
- 12 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 20 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 21 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 22 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 23 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!
Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple