My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 2 student in denmark
- 3 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 6 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 7 Amalfi or Positano
- 8 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 9 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 10 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 11 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 12 Munich, Germany
- 13 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 18 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 19 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 20 Ireland to Scotland
- 21 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Belgium advice
- 24 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 25 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip