My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/t-90-xplode/
- 2 I forgot my international driver permit
- 3 20 free days of Europe
- 4 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 5 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 6 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 7 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 8 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 9 Holland Itinerary
- 10 Iceland Trip Report
- 11 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 12 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 13 Rome Airport Question!
- 14 Portugal Walking Tour
- 15 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 16 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 17 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 18 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 19 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 20 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 21 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 22 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 23 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 24 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 25 Prague old town