My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 2 Seville to Cordoba
- 3 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 4 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 5 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 6 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 11 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 12 ATM
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 15 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 16 London 6 day itinerary
- 17 London Hotel - Different Request
- 18 Portugal rental car
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 21 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)