My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 2 Belgium for the 1st time
- 3 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 4 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 5 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 6 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 7 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 8 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 9 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 10 February in Florence
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 13 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 14 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 15 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 16 The highlands
- 17 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 18 Naxos hotel question
- 19 Juangfrau / mt
- 20 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 21 Loire Valley itinerary
- 22 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 23 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 24 Should we go to Vienna?
- 25 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania