My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 2 Trip to Rome
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 France Itinerary Advice
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 7 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 8 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 9 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 10 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 11 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 French election
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 18 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 19 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 22 French Election - Questions???
- 23 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip