My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days outside Venice
- 2 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Night Bus?
- 5 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 Jewish Vienna
- 8 Short time in Vienna
- 9 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day