My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 4 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Where to enjoy Paris
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 Athens
- 17 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 18 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 19 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 20 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 21 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 22 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 23 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 24 Budapest & Prague
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations