My wife and I are leaving for Italy next week and want to get some last minute suggestions on our itinerary. We are starting off with a few days in Dubrovnik and then taking the ferry to Bari. From Bari we will have a car rental for eight days before we drop off the car in Palermo.
We were considering driving west to Positano on the Amalfi coast for two nights but are trying to decide if it’s worth the extra five hours of driving. It seems like there are so many other beautiful places on the way to Siciliy that aren’t as touristy (or expensive).
We are trying to get a mix of culture, beaches (hopefully it’s warm), hiking, good food, good people, and relaxation by staying in some spots for at least two nights. We only know basic Italian phrases.
So far without Positano we are considering the following stops:
Is it worth a day trip to Lipari or another island?
Any recommendations on food, lodging, or other towns to consider is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 2 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 3 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 4 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 7 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 8 Shopping in Paris
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 13 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 14 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 15 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 16 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 17 Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 20 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 21 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 22 planning confusion
- 23 Croatia Itenerary
- 24 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 25 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?