I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 2 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 5 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 6 London visit
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 10 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 20 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 21 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's