I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 2 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 3 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 4 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 5 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 6 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 7 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 8 Luggage sizing
- 9 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 10 Moving to Belfast
- 11 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 12 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 13 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 14 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 19 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 20 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 21 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 22 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 23 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 24 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 25 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?