I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 2 Which Florence hotel?
- 3 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 6 Gluten Free in Italy
- 7 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 8 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 9 Ireland's west coast
- 10 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 11 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 12 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 13 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 14 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 15 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 16 Gluten free options in Spain?
- 17 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 18 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 19 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 20 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 21 Eating Gluten-Free in France/Paris
- 22 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 25 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland