I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 2 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 3 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 4 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 5 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 8 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 9 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 10 4 days in lake region
- 11 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 12 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 13 Favorite things to do in London
- 14 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 15 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 19 Europe in December for 10 days
- 20 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 floods in Andalucia
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 25 Interested In Coach Passes