I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 2 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 3 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 4 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 5 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 6 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 7 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 8 Croatia itinerary
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 11 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 12 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 13 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 14 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 15 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 16 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 17 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 18 Visit to Bath and London england
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 10 days in England
- 21 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 22 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 25 Food in Paris-Dining out