I am looking to "chill" for a couple of weeks at the beginning of May with DH who enjoys cycling, good food and wine. We have been to France many times but never to this region. I would prefer to be in a small village where we could enjoy a local experience for a couple of weeks. I think DH may be bored if the property is too isolated and I am really not keen on being right in Sarlat. I am also not keen on being amongst a group of holiday rental apartments. I read somewhere that there is a village near an abandonned train line and that the railbed is now a park dedicated to recreational activities. I cannot recall the name, but if there is a small patisserie, a boulangerie and a couple restaurants nearby, it may be a good start. We will rent a car, but I would like to have some basic amenities within walking distance. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for a small village in the Dordogne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England sites not to miss
- 2 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 3 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 4 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 5 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 6 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 7 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 8 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 9 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 10 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 13 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 14 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 Taxi service in Nice
- 17 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 18 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 23 Trip to Pyrenees
- 24 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!