I will be working in Budapest from Tuesday June 2nd night through Thursday night June 4th. Can arrive on Sat May 31st and leave on Monday June 8th, so besides work will have about 5.5 days left for sightseeing vacation etc.
Asking for suggestions of other places to visit either in Hungary or Central Europe. I have been to Vienna for 4 days, Budapest for 3 and also visited Prague, Krakow, Sarajevo, Mostar and the coast of Croatia before.
My thoughts are use the days to travel around hungary and visit other places there, or possibly go to Slovakia or Romania or northern Serbia (seems like the places that are close by). Of course given that I could fly if needed can extend a bit further too.
Suggestions appreciated, for places to visit (any can't miss places) beyond Budapest. and also transportation suggestions (I am comfortable driving in Europe, have done so in Croatia, France, England etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 2 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 3 Studying art in English in venice
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 10 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Scotland
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 19 Istria in two days
- 20 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 21 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 22 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 23 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 24 Scotland itinerary help
- 25 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)