I will be working in Budapest from Tuesday June 2nd night through Thursday night June 4th. Can arrive on Sat May 31st and leave on Monday June 8th, so besides work will have about 5.5 days left for sightseeing vacation etc.
Asking for suggestions of other places to visit either in Hungary or Central Europe. I have been to Vienna for 4 days, Budapest for 3 and also visited Prague, Krakow, Sarajevo, Mostar and the coast of Croatia before.
My thoughts are use the days to travel around hungary and visit other places there, or possibly go to Slovakia or Romania or northern Serbia (seems like the places that are close by). Of course given that I could fly if needed can extend a bit further too.
Suggestions appreciated, for places to visit (any can't miss places) beyond Budapest. and also transportation suggestions (I am comfortable driving in Europe, have done so in Croatia, France, England etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 We're here!
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 11 Moving to Italy
- 12 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 13 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 17 Spain in July
- 18 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 21 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 22 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 25 Petrol in Greece
Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)