I will be working in Budapest from Tuesday June 2nd night through Thursday night June 4th. Can arrive on Sat May 31st and leave on Monday June 8th, so besides work will have about 5.5 days left for sightseeing vacation etc.
Asking for suggestions of other places to visit either in Hungary or Central Europe. I have been to Vienna for 4 days, Budapest for 3 and also visited Prague, Krakow, Sarajevo, Mostar and the coast of Croatia before.
My thoughts are use the days to travel around hungary and visit other places there, or possibly go to Slovakia or Romania or northern Serbia (seems like the places that are close by). Of course given that I could fly if needed can extend a bit further too.
Suggestions appreciated, for places to visit (any can't miss places) beyond Budapest. and also transportation suggestions (I am comfortable driving in Europe, have done so in Croatia, France, England etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 9 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)