I will be working in Budapest from Tuesday June 2nd night through Thursday night June 4th. Can arrive on Sat May 31st and leave on Monday June 8th, so besides work will have about 5.5 days left for sightseeing vacation etc.
Asking for suggestions of other places to visit either in Hungary or Central Europe. I have been to Vienna for 4 days, Budapest for 3 and also visited Prague, Krakow, Sarajevo, Mostar and the coast of Croatia before.
My thoughts are use the days to travel around hungary and visit other places there, or possibly go to Slovakia or Romania or northern Serbia (seems like the places that are close by). Of course given that I could fly if needed can extend a bit further too.
Suggestions appreciated, for places to visit (any can't miss places) beyond Budapest. and also transportation suggestions (I am comfortable driving in Europe, have done so in Croatia, France, England etc)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 3 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 4 Super Cover For Hertz
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 4 days itinerary for France
- 9 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 12 When to Visit Scotland
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary Tweaking
- 20 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Driving in Italy?
- 25 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)