Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 2 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 5 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 6 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 10 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Cordoba Overnight?
- 15 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 22 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 23 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 24 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip