Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 2 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 3 Guided Vatican Tours
- 4 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 9 One July night in Verona - help!
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 12 Cappadocia in June
- 13 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 14 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 15 Lisbon
- 16 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 17 Car insurance in Iceland
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Scotland - We're Here!
- 23 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 24 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 25 Europe Winter Itinerary