Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Suggestions for 4-5 week stay in a village around Lyon
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 Prague - must see
- 4 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 11 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Advises for trip to Russia
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 16 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 17 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 18 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 19 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 22 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 First time traveler to Ireland
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report