Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 2 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 3 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 4 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 5 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 6 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 7 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 8 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 13 Shopping in Paris
- 14 8 day visit to Portugal
- 15 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 16 Croatia Itenerary
- 17 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 18 Schengen visa
- 19 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 20 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 21 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 22 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 23 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 24 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 25 Croatia in 16 days