Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 2 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 Italy by car
- 5 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 6 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 7 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Dolomites October 14-18
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 12 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 13 Le Marche, Italy
- 14 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 15 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 16 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 17 sim card
- 18 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 21 Is Venice overrated?
- 22 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris