Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Suggestions for 4-5 week stay in a village around Lyon
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 11 Planning a holiday
- 12 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 13 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 14 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 15 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 16 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 17 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 18 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 19 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 15 days in Europe,