Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Suggestions for 4-5 week stay in a village around Lyon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland help...?
- 2 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 7 London to Paris by train
- 8 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 9 Eastern Europe
- 10 First time to Switzerland
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 4 weeks in the UK
- 17 Granada
- 18 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 19 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 20 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 23 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 24 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 25 Looking for clean & reputable hotels in Venice, Florence and Rome!