Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 3 Tour or independent
- 4 First Time Europe Trip
- 5 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 6 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 7 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 8 Hertz Never Lost
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 11 student in denmark
- 12 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 13 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 14 Amalfi or Positano
- 15 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 16 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 17 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 18 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 19 Munich, Germany
- 20 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 21 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 22 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 23 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 24 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 25 5 women, Italy, need suggestions