Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 2 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 3 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 4 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 5 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 6 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 7 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 8 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 9 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 10 French immersion courses in France
- 11 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 12 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Europe in late January
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 17 Where to stay in London?
- 18 What type of visa is right for me?
- 19 Visiting Spain in January
- 20 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 21 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 22 Loving Lisbon
- 23 Booking hotels before trains
- 24 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 25 Revised post- cruise itinerary