Planning to take the family (my wife, her mother, 3 kids who will be 6, 4 & 2, and myself) to France in September/October 2014.
We're hoping to stay in a village around 30km from Lyon and have the following wish list:
Small, picturesque village with good food/wine;
Rural rather than tourist trap;
Close to a canal.
There's a few others specific to the accommodation (at least 4 bedrooms, pool etc), but they're the main ones we'd like.
Has anyone got any suggestions based on your experiences of the area?
Regarding the accommodation, hoping to hire a house (perhaps thru Wimdu or similar), any suggestions about that gratefully received also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 Scotland Trip
- 7 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Lisbon trip report
- 12 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Driving in Italy?
- 18 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 21 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 25 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia