Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 센토사바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라추천ば인터넷바카라추천
- 2 아이카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안카지노ら아시안카지노
- 3 릴게임바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소し바카라사이트주소
- 4 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 11 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 17 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 18 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 19 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 20 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
Hello fellow travellers!