Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 2 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 3 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 4 10 day Italy
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 9 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 Planning a European Trip
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Ireland
- 19 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 No Periods in British Written English!
- 22 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 23 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Santorini lodging
Hello fellow travellers!