Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Switzerland
- 8 CDG airport and connection time
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 11 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 12 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 13 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 14 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 15 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 16 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close
Hello fellow travellers!