Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Renting a car in Greece
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Piedmont question
- 11 Insurance on rental car options
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 14 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 15 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 16 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 17 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 18 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 22 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 25 Keukenhof in May?
Hello fellow travellers!