Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hill of crosses
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 7 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 Italy June 6-16
- 17 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 18 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 19 Austria Trip Report
- 20 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Northern Ireland ideas
- 23 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Long weekend in Albania
Hello fellow travellers!