Hello fellow travellers!
My husband and I are hoping to travel to the UK for 2 weeks in early September and I am looking for some advice and wisdom from you all. Could you take a look at our schedule and let me know whether we're going to the right places and giving each place enough time?
To give you some context, we are inexperienced travellers from Canada. The only place we've been is NYC for 5 days and while we loved it, we know that we tried to pack too much into the trip and we also hated spending so much time in Times Square (our hotel was there). We like to discover neat neighbourhoods, we love good food and we love nature.
Here is what we're thinking:
Fly into Edinburgh and leave ourselves one day for jet lag.
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye and Loch Ness with Timberbush Tours.
Return to Edinburgh and spend two days there.
On day 6, take a train to Windermere.
Day 7 - go on the 10 Lakes Spectacular Tour with Mountain Goat Tours.
On day 8, take a train to York and spend two days and two nights there.
Day 10 - Take the train to London. Spend 4 days here.
Day 14 - Take the train to Paris (we want to spend a week here)
I'm pretty set on the 3 days touring the Highlands but am wondering whether there are better places to see than Edinburgh, the Lake District and York or if those are good places to see in the time we have.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 3 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 4 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 5 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 6 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 7 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Oyster card?
- 13 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 London Theater
- 16 multi city flights to europe
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Milan and Lake Como
- 21 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 25 Shorts in South of France?
Hello fellow travellers!