My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 2 Munich
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 11 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 15 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 19 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 He said , she said
- 22 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 23 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites