My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 2 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 3 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Tips question
- 6 Still another Provence Provence advice request
- 7 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 8 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 9 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 10 Itinerary help - Sweden and Norway (June-July)
- 11 Alsace Accommodations
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 14 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 15 Sorrento or Positano
- 16 tipping
- 17 Advice about Naples?
- 18 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 19 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 20 Relaxing destinations?
- 21 What clothes?
- 22 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 23 Florence-Uffizi and Accademia guided tour
- 24 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 25 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?