My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 9 American Express
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012