My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 2 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 3 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 4 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 7 Budget for 3 Month's
- 8 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 14 London visit
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 24 Italian cooking classes
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March