My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Europe itinerary questions
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Earthquake near Naples
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 3nights in Venice
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 13 nights in switzerland
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Salzburg itinerary review
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 18 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Paris in November
- 22 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 23 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 24 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 25 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?