My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese visit to France
- 2 http://supplementsgarden.com/silqueskin-cream-reviews
- 3 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 4 France for a month in 2017
- 5 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 6 All of Spain or something else..?
- 7 Barcelona extension
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 13 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 14 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 15 15 days trip to Europe
- 16 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 17 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 18 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 19 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 20 Vuerling airlines
- 21 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 22 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 23 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 24 RENFE error message during payment
- 25 Provins as a day trip from Paris
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?