My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Belgium
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 More help with housing in Puglia
- 21 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014