My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 5 Puglia or La Langhe
- 6 French immersion courses in France
- 7 Munich
- 8 Paris---baguette question???
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 11 Vienna or Budapest?
- 12 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 13 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 14 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 15 Italy/Greece with kids
- 16 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 19 10 day Greek Island trip
- 20 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 23 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 24 Lisbon NYE
- 25 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?