My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 2 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 3 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 4 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 7 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 10 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 11 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 12 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 15 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 16 Amalfi coast
- 17 French lavender and cottages
- 18 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 19 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 20 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 21 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 22 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 23 Rome Rental Car
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Iceland Waterfall Advice
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?