My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 2 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 3 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 4 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 9 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 10 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Tour of Northern Italy
- 18 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 19 Cognac transportation?
- 20 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 San Sebastian
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?