My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 9 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 10 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Lisbon
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?