This is my first post in Fodor's Travel.
My husband and I are going to Italy for 16 days, last week of July and first week of August. We would be arriving in Rome and departing from Venice, apart from the travel dates, we have 14 full days to explore Italy.
A little bit about us: I like cities. I like walking/biking around in cities exploring places, observing people, architecture and life. My husband is more drawn to quiet places, he likes relaxing in serene beautiful places, loves to sit and watch the sunset.
I went through some itineraries but found them too centered around art and history and guided tours. While we would love to explore the amazing art and history Italy has to offer, I would like for the trip to be a bit more balanced. We are travelling on a budget, so probably cannot afford luxury resorts and expensive guided tours.
Can someone suggest a 14 days itinerary offering a mixture of experiences starting from Rome and ending in Venice? Also, are there any public beaches, natural excursions that might fit in the itinerary?
I would also welcome suggestions on accommodation and transit from place to place.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Sim Cards
- 12 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 17 IWM
- 18 London Hotel - Different Request
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 Travelling Iceland
- 23 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 24 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 25 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples