This is my first post in Fodor's Travel.
My husband and I are going to Italy for 16 days, last week of July and first week of August. We would be arriving in Rome and departing from Venice, apart from the travel dates, we have 14 full days to explore Italy.
A little bit about us: I like cities. I like walking/biking around in cities exploring places, observing people, architecture and life. My husband is more drawn to quiet places, he likes relaxing in serene beautiful places, loves to sit and watch the sunset.
I went through some itineraries but found them too centered around art and history and guided tours. While we would love to explore the amazing art and history Italy has to offer, I would like for the trip to be a bit more balanced. We are travelling on a budget, so probably cannot afford luxury resorts and expensive guided tours.
Can someone suggest a 14 days itinerary offering a mixture of experiences starting from Rome and ending in Venice? Also, are there any public beaches, natural excursions that might fit in the itinerary?
I would also welcome suggestions on accommodation and transit from place to place.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 What fresh hell is this?
- 6 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21