We are arriving in Milan May 15 and will spend 6 days touring somewhere before we embark on a Mediterranean cruise from Rome on May 21. We have visited Rome on a previous trip, as well as Venice, Verona, and were not planning to spend more than a day in Rome itself before embarking.
The areas that intrigue us would be Milan itself (how many days to spend here?), Cinque Terra, Tuscany. A few years ago we spent a day in Florence, and would love to return.
On previous visits we drove on Italian highways and had no issues. We are assuming part of our trip will involve a car.
We enjoy exploring, walking, some museums, eating local food that doesn't have to be exotic; finding concerts or live music. Not keen on shopping or clubs.
What are your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 2 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 AMS Car Rental
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Milan and Lake Como
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 21 One week in Europe
- 22 Budapest to Kosice
- 23 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 24 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?