We are arriving in Milan May 15 and will spend 6 days touring somewhere before we embark on a Mediterranean cruise from Rome on May 21. We have visited Rome on a previous trip, as well as Venice, Verona, and were not planning to spend more than a day in Rome itself before embarking.
The areas that intrigue us would be Milan itself (how many days to spend here?), Cinque Terra, Tuscany. A few years ago we spent a day in Florence, and would love to return.
On previous visits we drove on Italian highways and had no issues. We are assuming part of our trip will involve a car.
We enjoy exploring, walking, some museums, eating local food that doesn't have to be exotic; finding concerts or live music. Not keen on shopping or clubs.
What are your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 2 Italy for Christmas Week
- 3 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 4 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 8 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 11 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 12 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 13 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 14 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 15 restaurants in Marais district
- 16 France & Italy, May or June
- 17 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 18 Engadine Valley help
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 21 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 22 Honeymoon in Greece
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Shoes in Scotland
- 25 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania