We are arriving in Milan May 15 and will spend 6 days touring somewhere before we embark on a Mediterranean cruise from Rome on May 21. We have visited Rome on a previous trip, as well as Venice, Verona, and were not planning to spend more than a day in Rome itself before embarking.
The areas that intrigue us would be Milan itself (how many days to spend here?), Cinque Terra, Tuscany. A few years ago we spent a day in Florence, and would love to return.
On previous visits we drove on Italian highways and had no issues. We are assuming part of our trip will involve a car.
We enjoy exploring, walking, some museums, eating local food that doesn't have to be exotic; finding concerts or live music. Not keen on shopping or clubs.
What are your suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas