I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 2 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 3 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 4 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 5 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 8 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 9 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 12 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 15 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 16 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 17 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 18 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 19 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 iPad Cellular in Croatia-Slovenia-Italy
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 24 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 25 7 Nights in Paris