I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 2 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 3 Is my plan ok
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 5 Observations About Paris
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 10 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 15 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 18 Scotland November 2015
- 19 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 23 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 24 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)