I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 2 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 3 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 4 Train tickets France and Spain
- 5 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 6 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 9 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 10 Positano in high season???
- 11 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 12 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 13 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 14 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 15 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 16 3 day trip from London to Edinburgh, Dublin, Stockholm or Helsinki+Tallin
- 17 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 18 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 20 Trains
- 21 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 22 Portugual travel to Compostella, spain
- 23 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 24 flights to Lisbon from NYC area
- 25 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa