I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best to buy euros in US, at airport casio, or bank in Brussels?
- 2 June visit London, Kent, Calais, Paris
- 3 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 4 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 5 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 6 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 7 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 8 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 9 Spain 2 beach locations
- 10 Belleau Woods from Paris
- 11 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 12 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 13 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 14 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 15 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 16 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 17 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 20 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 21 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 22 Question about Tallinin and Riga.
- 23 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 24 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 25 German Wings