I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 8 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 9 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 13 Best beach town in Italy?
- 14 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 15 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy