I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 2 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 3 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 4 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 5 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 travel to western Europe from India
- 8 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 9 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 10 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 11 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 12 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 13 Moroccan food in Paris
- 14 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 15 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 16 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 17 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 18 Bike touring in France
- 19 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 20 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 24 Mama Mia Italy!
- 25 Ireland driving vacation