I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 2 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 3 floods in Andalucia
- 4 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 5 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 6 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 7 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 8 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 9 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 10 Central Europe itinerary
- 11 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 12 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 13 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 14 Arriving in Prague
- 15 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 16 4 Months in Europe
- 17 2 Days in Rome
- 18 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 19 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 20 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 21 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 22 Tipping in the UK
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 2 weeks in Spain
- 25 Going to Paris? Be yourself