I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 2 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 3 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 4 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 5 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 8 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Riga 2014
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 13 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 14 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 15 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Back home problems with sim card
- 18 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 19 Budapest
- 20 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 21 Budapest--baggage storage
- 22 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 23 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 24 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 25 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June