I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 2 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 3 Authentic czech food
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 6 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 7 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 8 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 9 Kimhe--flamenco
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 12 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 20 Christmas in London
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 23 Norway Advice
- 24 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 25 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin