I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 2 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 3 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Snow Tires on rentals
- 6 New BMW pick-up travel
- 7 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 8 Cinque Terre
- 9 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 10 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 11 Athens airport question
- 12 Chamonix - Information
- 13 GPS in France
- 14 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 15 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 16 Germany for 3 weeks
- 17 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 South of France
- 20 Papal audience-Easter
- 21 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 22 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 23 A month in Positano - where to stay??
- 24 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 25 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?