I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 2 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 3 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 6 Florence Hotel Advice
- 7 Two Days in Prague
- 8 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 9 Viator.com in Turkey
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Scottish Passport
- 12 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 13 Italy tours
- 14 Air France strike
- 15 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 16 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 17 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 18 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 19 Bodrum to instanbul
- 20 Voltage in UK and France
- 21 Eleanor's Pages
- 22 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 23 Europe in winter
- 24 Barcelona free tours??
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals