I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 4 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Naxos in May
- 7 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Belfast to Scotland help
- 10 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 17 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 18 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 help regarding removal firm in london
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Trains in Italy