I will be working a summer camp at an international school in Stuttgart for 8 weeks this summer. I will work M-F, 9-5-ish, and have every weekend off. I plan to explore the area around Stuttgart, the city itself, and neighboring towns on my weekends off. I will need to travel by train because I won't have access to a car. Does anyone have recommendations for things to do? I enjoy being outdoors, going to museums, exploring small towns, hiking; I like to do just about everything! I will be by myself too. By the way, I am a 52 year old female who has traveled overseas (Europe and Japan), but this will be my first time without my children. I am very excited because I would like to teach overseas in another year so I feel this will a great learning experience! I live in Houston, TX now and have been to Germany 4 times before, including once years ago as an exchange student in the Cologne area.
Stuttgart area this summer
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 2 Macarons!
- 3 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 4 Day on the Rhine
- 5 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 6 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 7 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 8 ideas for Portugal please
- 9 Bus ride to Positano
- 10 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 11 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 12 2 Days in Brussels
- 13 French rental car advice needed
- 14 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 15 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 16 Apartment rental in Dublin
- 17 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 18 Split to Venice. Help!
- 19 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 20 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 21 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 22 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 23 Best way to get to Italy from Greece of vice versa
- 24 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 25 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?