I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 2 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 3 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 4 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 5 Pousadas in Portugal
- 6 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 7 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 8 Paris food tours?
- 9 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 10 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 11 Lake Maggiore
- 12 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 13 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 14 Classical Music in Milan
- 15 Antiques shopping Rome
- 16 Scotland Trip Planning
- 17 Must sees in Malaga
- 18 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 Italy train question
- 21 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 22 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 23 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 24 Two Weeks in Europe
- 25 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?