I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Waterfall Advice
- 2 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 3 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 4 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 5 italy itinerary
- 6 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 7 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 8 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 9 Rome Rental Car
- 10 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 11 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 12 5 Days in Corsica
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 15 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 16 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 17 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 18 Beaches in Southern France
- 19 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 20 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 21 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 22 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 23 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 24 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 25 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?