I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 2 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 itinerary help
- 11 9 days in turkey
- 12 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 13 Germany-berlin marathon
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 18 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 23 Toulouse and beyond -
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station