I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 2 Italy - rental car damages query
- 3 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 4 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 5 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 CDG much improved
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 10 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 13 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 14 20 Days in Europe
- 15 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 16 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 17 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 18 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 19 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?