I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen rule made easy
- 2 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 3 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 4 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 5 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 6 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 7 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 8 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 11 Italy Spending Budget
- 12 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 13 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 18 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 19 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 20 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 21 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 22 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 23 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 24 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 25 Ireland or Scotland