I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My First Trip to Europe...
- 2 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 3 Europe itinerary
- 4 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 7 Europe itinerary review
- 8 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 9 Iceland in 4 days?
- 10 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 11 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 12 Munich-6 days in September
- 13 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 14 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 15 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 16 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 17 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 SIM card
- 20 Sixt insurance claim
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 24 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 25 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?