I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 2 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Rouen Tour Companies
- 5 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 6 Andalucia itinerary help
- 7 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 12 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?