I studied abroad in Austria a while ago, and had a wonderful time, but I do remember Sundays being a bleak affair with almost everything being closed.
I will be in Austria again this July with a friend, and I will only be in Vienna for a Friday through Sunday. I really want to maximize my time by planning out what stuff I can do on SUNDAY. My ideas so far were to save my visit to Schonbrunn and the Zentralfriedhof for that day, but does anybody have any other ideas?
Also, my friend and I are thinking of spending Monday and Tuesday in Salzburg and/or the Hallstatt area. I have been to Salzburg, but not Hallstatt, and the last time I was in the area was in December. I am looking forward to seeing beautiful Austria again, and to being in the beautiful Salzkammergut in summer. Does anybody have any advice with fastest/cheapest transportation to that area from Vienna for two twenty-somethings?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 6 35 Days?
- 7 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 8 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 9 Long weekend in Albania
- 10 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 13 car rental
- 14 Munich and....???
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Northern Ireland ideas
- 23 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 24 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
Stuff to do on Sunday in Vienna/ visiting Salzkammergut area?