I will be studying in France this upcoming winter on a university exchange program. I will be applying for the 2B visa which will allow me to study in France and visit other Schengen area countries for the duration of my visa - which will not exceed 6 months. I want to travel the Schengen area after my exchange and following the expiry of my student visa. The general consensus seems to be that I will be allowed to leave the Schengen area on or before the expiry of my 2B study visa and then re-enter the Schengen area immediately after and remain in the Schengen area as a tourist for 90 days (although I cannot seem to get the French Consulate to confirm this or find any official documentation of this on the internet).
My question is, has anyone ever actually done this successfully? Were there any issues when re-entering as a tourist immediately after?
Also, if I were to enter the Schengen area BEFORE the start date of the 2B study visa (approximately 10 days), and enter France via a Schengen area country - how would this affect my ability to remain in the Schengen area as a tourist following the expiry of my study visa? Would I be allowed to remain as a tourist for 80 days (90-10)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 Paris advice with kids
- 6 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 12 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 13 Amsterdam highlights
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 19 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 22 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 23 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 24 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 25 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres