I've got a Type D French student visa that expires on June 20th 2016. I've been on my year abroad in Paris and I would like to stay in France over the summer before returning to London to complete my final year at university.
I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and I no longer need a visa for the Schengen zone since Trinidad signed a visa waiver with the EU last year. However, I'm assuming that once my French student visa runs out, I can't automatically transform from student into tourist and I obviously don't want to overstay the student visa.
So far I've called the OFII office (where I had to register when I got here) and they were no help. The French embassy in London doesn't deal with visa matters anymore as they've outsourced it to a private company so no help there. I flew to London last weekend for an event and asked the border control officer when I re-entered France but he also wasn't able to help.
All I can think to do is to leave France around June 19th just before my visa expires and go to London. Then I can re-enter France shortly after as a visitor. Does anybody know if this will be alright? I'd like to be sure that I have all the relevant stamps in my passport so I'm not seen as having overstayed the student visa. Much thanks in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tieks for travel
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Tracking the Weather
- 6 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 7 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 8 Where to eat in Rome?
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 11 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 12 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 13 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Italy travel plan help
- 16 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 17 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 18 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 Alsace to Austria?
- 21 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 22 Budapest language lessons
- 23 Tours in Wales
- 24 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 25 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne