I've got a Type D French student visa that expires on June 20th 2016. I've been on my year abroad in Paris and I would like to stay in France over the summer before returning to London to complete my final year at university.
I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and I no longer need a visa for the Schengen zone since Trinidad signed a visa waiver with the EU last year. However, I'm assuming that once my French student visa runs out, I can't automatically transform from student into tourist and I obviously don't want to overstay the student visa.
So far I've called the OFII office (where I had to register when I got here) and they were no help. The French embassy in London doesn't deal with visa matters anymore as they've outsourced it to a private company so no help there. I flew to London last weekend for an event and asked the border control officer when I re-entered France but he also wasn't able to help.
All I can think to do is to leave France around June 19th just before my visa expires and go to London. Then I can re-enter France shortly after as a visitor. Does anybody know if this will be alright? I'd like to be sure that I have all the relevant stamps in my passport so I'm not seen as having overstayed the student visa. Much thanks in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://djpunjabimp3.com/videos/dil-haar-ke-mp3-song-download/
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 6 free international phone calls
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 11 France Study Abroad
- 12 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 13 Paris and Normandy
- 14 Sicily Beach Resort
- 15 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 16 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 Two days in Rome
- 19 Classical Tour of Albania
- 20 First visit to London
- 21 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 22 Anniversary trip to France
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)