I was wondering whether I'm required to obtain a student visa for when I study abroad in Italy during the fall semester. I'm a U.S. citizen.
I know that as a U.S. citizen, I don't need a student visa if I'm studying in Italy for under 90 days. Unfortunately, my program will last 82 days, and I'm going to be going to Italy in August for a family vacation for 14 days, which would put my total days in Italy within the 6 month window at 96 days, thus technically requiring me to get a student Visa.
My question is: I plan on taking weekend trips (at least 3-4 for 3-4 days at a time) to places like Scotland, England, and Ireland, where I will not be within the Schengen zone, thus lowering the "total" number of days I'll be in Italy within a 6 month window below the 90 total days.
In this type of situation, would I need to apply for a student Visa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 Venice
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 London 2For1 question
- 5 Austria**+27737016174~lost lover back/Divorce spells Cape Town,Pretoria,USA
- 6 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 7 ~Europe/UK/USA*+27737016174`herbalist healers South Africa,love spells,Iran
- 8 ~UK**+27737016174~herbalist healers in*Polokwane,Europe,USA,Russia
- 9 USA**+27737016174`Herbalist healers in Europe,England,London
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 12 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 13 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Porto and vicinity
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 23 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 24 Norway fjord
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!